Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formal the Dads Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Don't know where the best place to post this is, so will do it here. One of my three sons and two step-sons came down from Tucson yesterday afternoon and he and his family spent the afternoon with us. To celebrate Fathers day (both for him and me) he brought along some prime steaks for the grill and a bottle of 16 year old Lagavulin for the soul. Now, I'm normally not much of a single-malt guy, preferring a good blended scotch instead. My favorite so far is JW Platinum for sipping. However, I think I could come around with this single-malt.

For all you dads out there, hope you had a great day. I celebrated it for you as well. For Jorge, if he tuns in, I had a second sip just for you and yours.

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tsquare2:
Don't know where the best place to post this is, so will do it here. One of my three sons and two step-sons came down from Tucson yesterday afternoon and he and his family spent the afternoon with us. To celebrate Fathers day (both for him and me) he brought along some prime steaks for the grill and a bottle of 16 year old Lagavulin for the soul. Now, I'm normally not much of a single-malt guy, preferring a good blended scotch instead. My favorite so far is JW Platinum for sipping. However, I think I could come around with this single-malt.

For all you dads out there, hope you had a great day. I celebrated it for you as well. For Jorge, if he tunes in, I had a second sip just for you and yours.

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS    Other Topics    Miscellaneous Topics    For all the Dads

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I could tell the difference between single malt and blended. they all taste the same to me.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the family celebration of a special day.

Far as any wine or processed alcohol, I do not buy the "good stuff" because to put it across my palette with my total lack of ability to discern the finer points would be to waste it.

Like art . . .

I either like it or I don't.

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lagavulin is one of the best in my opinion.

Posts: 10003 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
When I don't know what, Lagavulin 16 is always the choice. I like Ardbeg, Caol Ila, Talisker ... too.

But I like also bourbons, the plain Jim Beam is just fine. We love Makers Mark.

When it comes to wines, I tasted some very good ones in the past and from that time I just don't enjoy to drink "cheap" one. Today, I looked at wine selection in the shop and didn't find any "good enough". I didn't buy any. The same in beer section Big Grin

BTW congratulations to your celebration! It is always very nice and warm. Especially with gentleman's choice whisky!

Jiri

Posts: 2074 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote