New
Find
Notify
Tools

new member introduction Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of David Whyman
posted
Hi, I am a new member on here from England.I am a professional glass engraving artist, all my work is hand engraved with a dentist drill onto high quality crystal .I engrave any subject eg., portraits,wildlife,houses, family crests etc.I do alot of commission work such as portraits of people with their trophy animals,dog portraits etc. I am also a hunter or in England we say deer stalker. We have 6 species of deer in Britain- Red,fallow,roe,sika,muntjac,chinese water deer and I hunt all of these. I have also hunted plains game in Africa- last year and this year.I also do some bird shooting -pheasant,partridge,duck,wood pidgeon, but I'm better with a rifle than a shotgun. Here are some examples of my work on the crystal, there are also some examples on Trophy forum

The Big five

The measure of a man is by the way he treats another www.davidwhymancrystal.co.uk

Posts: 151 | Location: England | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
welcome aboard - that is some beautiful work you do.

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Hello David, from an ex pat Brit.

Welcome to the forum and great work you do there!

What part of the UK?

One of Us
Picture of David Whyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Hello David, from an ex pat Brit.

Welcome to the forum and great work you do there!

What part of the UK?

I'm from Staffordshire in the midlands and my workshop is in south Derbyshire, where do you come from and I see you are now in Africa, you lucky lucky person. This country has had it, and if I were younger I would be an ex pat also

The measure of a man is by the way he treats another www.davidwhymancrystal.co.uk

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
David,

I was born and raised im Kent and then moved to Kew when I was 20 and then around the shires for the next few years. First came out to Africa on a hunting trip 30 years ago and then spent the next 20 years commuting between the two countries and came to live here 10 years ago. - I've never regretted it and should have made the move years before!

Home now is a few minutes drive from the SW corner of the Kruger National Park.

I'm trying to get into retirement now.... or at least, semi retirement and so don't travel so much as we used to but until a year or two ago, we'd spend 5 months or so every year in Tanzania and a few months every year in other parts of Africa either side of the Tanzania trip.

I know your neck of the woods a little but haven't been there for decades! As I remember, it was bloody nice though!

I've sent you a PM btw.

One of Us
Picture of David Whyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
David,

I was born and raised im Kent and then moved to Kew when I was 20 and then around the shires for the next few years. First came out to Africa on a hunting trip 30 years ago and then spent the next 20 years commuting between the two countries and came to live here 10 years ago. - I've never regretted it and should have made the move years before!

Home now is a few minutes drive from the SW corner of the Kruger National Park.

I'm trying to get into retirement now.... or at least, semi retirement and so don't travel so much as we used to but until a year or two ago, we'd spend 5 months or so every year in Tanzania and a few months every year in other parts of Africa either side of the Tanzania trip.

I know your neck of the woods a little but haven't been there for decades! As I remember, it was bloody nice though!

I've sent you a PM btw.

I'm jealous, I always wanted to hunt in Africa but didn't make it till last year, went to Thorndale safaris in the eastern cape near Kirkwood, it was a dream come true for me, and I went again this year but with the terrible recession here at present don't know if I will make it again, but I got some good trophies to look at now to bring back the memories. Derbyshire is a lovely county, I do some deer stalking at Chatsworth -the Duke of Devonshires estate-culled the deer there for 25 years

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work.

Posts: 339 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice glass work. Well done on the animals but that St. George engraving on your site is spectacular. thumb

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Whyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Very nice glass work. Well done on the animals but that St. George engraving on your site is spectacular. thumb

thankyou for your comments -the website is new and I'm not too happy with some of the photo's of my work on there as yet ,they havent been scanned very well by the site builder but we will get there eventually -two of my favourites are the St George one and the Selous one.Being from England I just had to engrave our patron saint

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work.....the plate with the big five is spectacular....I wish you well.... beer

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote