THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    "This is my property and I am going to defend it." Video added

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"This is my property and I am going to defend it." Video added Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted
I thought this might be of interest. The business owner is my cousin but I have not had a chance to speak to him to get the full story. It sounds like the LEO's in his area are good guys.

quote:

Oroville business owner stops burglar as he steals lawn mowers, police say

OROVILLE, CA - An Oroville business owner caught a man who broke into his store and stole lawn mowers early Saturday morning.

Oroville police officers responded to Air Cooled Unlimited, at 2816 Olive Highway, around 3:27 a.m. after getting a call from the store owner saying he was holding the suspect at gunpoint, Sgt. John Bruschi said.

The business owner said he and an employee were camping out in the back fenced yard so they could deter a burglary after the business was broken into several times in the last few weeks. During the stake out, the owner said they saw the suspect cut through the fence and then take two lawn mowers.

Bruschi said the owner and the employee then approached the suspect and held him at gunpoint until officers arrived.

Bruschi said suspect Dillion J. Masterson, 24, of Oroville, was arrested by police and booked into Butte County Jail for theft, possession of meth, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, possession of burglary tools and committing a felony while on bail.

News10/KXTV

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+1 tu2

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
TV news piece

I'm proud of my cousin. He started out with nothing except a knack for mechanics and he has built a successful business. He is a family man, responsible gun owner and a strong supporter of the second amendment.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
After the 14th burglary, you can be certain that the cops can't help you.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have repeatedly stated that all cops do is sweep up the broken glass and take down the license plate numbers.

I had a tatted up 20 year-old Hispanic twerp bust into my locked garage last summer while I was out of state and steal $2K worth of fishing tackle. The punk lived two houses down at the time. Cops take fingerprints, pick up the screwdriver he left at the scene, interview him, all that stuff. What happens? Not a #$&^*! thing. He finally screwed up by threatening his wife with a pistol and now he is gone. I expect he will be in the pen by late June.

The point is, cops don't accomplish a whole lot.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The point is, cops don't accomplish a whole lot.

Cops create revenue ( seat belt tickets ) and take history..........not too much on the protect and serve portion though...

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A couple of months ago,a friend of mine who has a tire + automotive shop comes in the morning to open up + notices all the cars in the lot with their tailpipes hitting the ground,thieves came in the night to steal the catalitic converters for the platinum value.Earl called the cops,one showed up,did his paperwork + starts to leave.Earl says,hey,you want to check for prints as you can see his handprint on the window. The cop says don't tell me how to do my job. Well Earl says that sounds pretty stupid to me. So the cop says,You know I can arrest you for calling me stupid.Make your own conclusion,I already have.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Jtex,I agree completely.We never see "To serve + Protect" Now what we see is "Duty,Honor,Integrity".From a physological stand point what we are seeing instead of helping YOU,this is all about ME.Another point in the 'us against them context'.Way too many cops have put their mind set into that sesspool of thought,but then look at our "representatives".

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote