Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AK 47 Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
O.K., most of us here already know this, but I thought I would post for those that don't. The original design for that weapon was built by the Germans as a light arms assault weapon designated the STG 44 but came along too late in the war to have much production or see any usage. After the war, Mikail Kalishincov took the German design + found a way to make it cheaper (typical Russian mind set), then called it his own. The ONLY things that the soviets are good at inventing is misery + despair.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also, 'ol Hugo Schmeisser along with complete sets of technical data for the STG 44 went to the Soviets as war booty.

Field strip both rifles and lay them out side to side and have a look-see.

Posts: 106 | Location: Wet Side, WA | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there anything the Soviets didn't copy, from the A bomb to the Concorde ? Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, but to hear them tell, they invented everything.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1071 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting here staring at a Remington Model 8, and what do I see? rotflmo

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote