New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oops Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted
LA MARQUE, Texas – A man blamed a low-flying pelican and a dropped cell phone for his veering his million-dollar sports car off a road and into a salt marsh near Galveston. The accident happened about 3 p.m. Wednesday on the frontage road of Interstate 45 northbound in La Marque, about 35 miles southeast of Houston.

The Lufkin, Texas, man told of driving his luxury, French-built Bugatti Veyron when the bird distracted him, said La Marque police Lt. Greg Gilchrist. The motorist dropped his cell phone, reached to pick it up and veered off the road and into the salt marsh. The car was half-submerged in the brine about 20 feet from the road when police arrived.

Gilchrist said he doesn't know if the car was salvageable, but in his words, "Salt water isn't good for anything." He says the man, whose identity hasn't been released, was not injured.

A 2006 Bugatti Veyron was recently offered for sale in Jonesboro, Ark., for $1.25 million

There is a picture if anyone can post it

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was the bird O K ?? I hope so.

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
You own a Bugatti, but you don't have blue-tooth?

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
More money than sense

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To each his own I guess. I'm told one of our hands owns a Lamborghini. Not much else, but he does own the Lamboghini.

I understand why the man was afraid of the pelican. My wife and I were walking in Curacao one time and I saw this line of pelicans lazily approaching at a height of about fifteen feet with wings set. I thought what a great place, vacation, setting, whereupon he dropped a half pint of shit across my head and shirt. I won't hesitate to go for a salt marsh should I see a similar scenario developing.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
www.jalopnik.com has shown photos of many high performance autos that have been crashed .Lots of performance driven by the brainless !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since when does being rich have anything to do with intelligence?

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
here the video.
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/articles/041.shtml

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
Since when does being rich have anything to do with intelligence?

Excellant point.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote