New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handling gun counter "lizards" Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted
How do you handle/respond to that guy (fellow customer, not an employee) at the gun shop or counter that seems to be there about 75% of the time you go in and always interrupts with "what you oughta do" or some such other egotistical crap? He tells you what he shoots, owns, yada, yada, yada.

These guys vary from just unemployed loud mouths that need to be listened to to obviously having some real mental issues. 'Had one yesterday of the latter. He finally wandered off about the time my blood pressure had peaked.

So do you immediately go with the "'Didn't ask you" approach or try to appease this a$$hole for a few minutes?

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last time I had one of these guys start in on me I simply said that if he has hunted more than 15 states, shot over 50 species of big game and made more than 8 African Safaris, that I may listen to what he has to say. But, if he hasn't then he can just wander off like a good little boy and leave me the hell alone.

It worked. He put his tail between his legs and scampered off.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on my mood and his attitude.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flags,

You sound like a complete and total a$$ (but that's an admirable quality). Would enjoy sharing a camp with you sometime. That's hilarious.

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
most of the time i just look at him and grin then ignore him................ sometimes i ask "what do you reload"?...............................

One of Us
posted Hide Post
asked the last one if he used a condom & he got a weird look on his face andleft

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
You forgot to mention the part where he talks way too loud so everyone within 10 miles knows that he is blessing you with his vast knowledge and experience.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Usually just pull out the 505 gibbs and take them to the outside range, stops the bullsh-- immediately after having them shooting without any protection.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My favorite one of all time involved an employee, not a customer; but the man had all of the negative attributes of the average Mall Ninja.

There's a couple in their early twenties at a gunshop in Boise shopping for a handgun each. They were taking the class for their Concealed Carry Licenses, and the lady wanted a Ladysmith. The man was thinking a Glock in 40S&W. They get to discussing holsters, and the salesman is telling him the ankle holster is the only way to go. He whips his right leg up on the counter to show him how fast one can be; and accidentally shatters the glass on the counter top. His right leg is thru the glass, he has managed to draw his M39 and is waving it all over the store, and is screaming bloody murder. This gentleman is all of 5'10" and about 250lbs. It took three other employees to get him out, blood is gushing everywhere, and the lady faints. I laughed so hard they asked me to leave. I saw the young couple exiting the store just ahead of me, and suggested another store they might wish to patronize instead.

The Infamous "Bruce P" of Boise, Idaho.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote