THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Where can you buy boxes for shipping a rifle???

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where can you buy boxes for shipping a rifle??? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Anyone know??

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scrounge the dumpsters at Cabellas, Spts Whse, and haunt the pawn shops..

On High dollar guns I buy a dozen or so of those cheap plastic gun cases for #$19.50 when sales pop up. be sure you get the box they come in..

Brownells sells what your looking for but they are pretty expensive.

Posts: 41850 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I buy my boxes from Uline.com. The rifle box is 6X4X52. Get plenty of bubble wrap while you're at it.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
uline.com

Posts: 37 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
uline

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vlwtx348
posted Hide Post
Like others have said, uline for new ones.
My local guns store will give me all I need so they don't have to dispose of them. Including packing and wrap. You just have to cover the previous shipping info. Sometimes it's easier to turn the box inside out and re-tape or glue it back together. That way you get a clean, fresh writing surface.

Posts: 310 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of h2oboy
posted Hide Post
I like these. They are the best I have found. While I am not putting anything past UPS I have not had anything shipped in one of these damaged.
Cameron

Dirk Schimmel
D Schimmel LLC
Dirk@DoubleRifles.Us
1-307-257-9447

Double rifles make Africa safe enough for bolt guns!

Posts: 495 | Location: Gillette,Wyoming | Registered: 16 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
My FFL told me if anything is damaged via UPS, they give you flack unless you double box them. As cheap as U-line is, you could afford to double box them if you don't mind buying 25 time at a time as I don't think they sell singles.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5109 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys.I am set now.OB Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
H20boy, thanks for the link.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brownells carries them as well.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
I shipped one in an 8" (or 10", i can't remember) sonotube. SUPER strong! Big Grin

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oboy:
I like these. They are the best I have found. While I am not putting anything past UPS I have not had anything shipped in one of these damaged.
Cameron

The Cameron boxes are the best I have seen. They absolutely hold a rifle firmly and after shipping 20+ expensive guns in them, I have had nothing but compliments from the recipients. They also make a sleeve which allows you to reuse the box and offers extra protection.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The boxes that baseboard heat 5 ft. come in , make a good shipping box , just add bubble wrap .

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1294 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vinyl siding boxes are very strong as well.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote