Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forums with rude or insulting posts. Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I am over here now perhaps for a while. I don't see many rude or insulting posts on this forum.

I visit other forums and I don't like to see myself or others insulted. To be frank it hurts.

Usually such insults are those of lazy folks who don't like your argument and instead of offering an alternative they just insult you.

Thanks all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
wellcome - don't go to the political forum

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
2nd that last post it can get nasty on in the political forum.

Once in a great while else wear but for the most part we all get along.

Posts: 19370 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Uh, guys? Hello? Earth to AR?

We routinely have people insulting one another on such weighty, emotional topics as DG vs. bolt gun.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what M93 said. For some reason, unknown to me, some people here seem to be opinionated and passionate about their hunting and firearms choices.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Some lonely guys just throw out insults, looking for a fight. 'Doesn't make any difference what subject.

I don't need to go looking for an argument...I'm married.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't need to go looking for an argument...I'm married.

Ain't that the truth!

DRSS

Posts: 624 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you wish to start a fight, here are some of the key phrases almost guarenteed to start a fight.

Head shots
Any method of pressure testing.
Reduced Blue Dot load.
Hunting with an empty chamber.
Chronographs
.270 Winchester
Long Range hunting.
Any suggestion that DR's are not the best rifle design ever.
Any suggestion that the 7x57 Mauser is not the best cartridge ever.

I'm sure I missed a few, but AR is still alot better then the 24 hour camp flamers.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, and I have expressed it to the moderators, the political thread have no place on this site. Let's talk about guns, hunting, and related topics.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I am under the growing impression that the internet allows or promotes or accepts an alternative or ulterior personna not perhaps real or actually breathing in real time.

I appreciatively use AR for education and entertainment. The hunting reports are very valuable to me. The advise or opinions on rifles the same. I have been lucky or privelidged to make several transactions on the Lefties forum and the Classifieds, I have been educated on the PF. I have been graciously allowed to share my experiences afield in Africa and North America and I humbly hope they were appreciated.

However, there appears to me to be a faction of posters or members that allow themselves to bolster their ego or pride or bravado via the internet. Understandably, a dentist or lawyer or other less than publically desirable professional person may feel the weight of public opinion and feel the need to bolster their social standing. The internet and AR offers an obvious and unlimited venue to electronically chest thump.

I sincerely hope that I on the otherhand am well apprised of my status in society, (0) and type and post on the internet with appropriate humility. If I have given any readers here any other impression I am sorry to have mislead you.

I believe this is what AR offers at its best. A picture of a flower at the Mokore camp in the Save Conservancy, Zimbabwe.

Posts: 9093 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
The anonymity of the internet , and the fact that everyone with a typing finger is an instant expert , means its possible to put the boot in to other posters from afar in safety.

It does happen here , occassionally , unfortunately , but not as often as some other forums , and usually only in a few of the forums here.

Its human nature and it wont change . Either accept its going to happen or grow a thick skin to spurn the blows......

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott King

One flower is OK....... maybe. Show me one more flower though and I am going to turn rude and insulting.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Antelope Sniper: If you wish to start a fight, here are some of the key phrases almost guarenteed to start a fight.

Head shots
Reduced Blue Dot load.
Chronographs
.270 Winchester
Long Range hunting.

I'm sure I missed a few, but AR is still alot better then the 24 hour camp flamers.

45-70 or lever actions for dangerous game

best rifle for whitetails

the gunowner's right to D&T an original unaltered Oberndorf Mauser sporter

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Understandably, a dentist or lawyer or other less than publically desirable professional person may feel the weight of public opinion and feel the need to bolster their social standing.

I get the slam against attorneys (AR members excluded), but man, you must have had some really bad dental work.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cazador humilde:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Understandably, a dentist or lawyer or other less than publically desirable professional person may feel the weight of public opinion and feel the need to bolster their social standing.

I get the slam against attorneys (AR members excluded), but man, you must have had some really bad dental work.

No actually, its all been quite good! My childhood family dentist was a very kind, gentle pleasant fellow, my orthodontist much the same, and the couple of dentists I've seen here in Dillingham are pleasant people.

No I don't think most people actually want to go see the dentist. Need to sure. Duty to visit or obligation to visit, fine. Want to as in I want to go see my PH in Botswana? No.

I think that because some internet posters do not have the same "Curb Appeal," as a ph they attempt to build an appealing personna on AR for example.

I rather like the flower pictures but this one is good in my opinion also.

Posts: 9093 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"DILLINGHAM"??!! .......You're in DILLINGHAM???
Holysmokes.....there are dentists in DILLINGAM?
Everything I've heard about DILLINGHAM refers to the fact that you folks have only a barber who doubles as a dentist and gynecologist.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are GOOD dental experiences???

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Conservative Rifleman:
I am over here now perhaps for a while. I don't see many rude or insulting posts on this forum.

This site has gotten better over the years in this regard. From time to time we do have people show-up who seem to be interested only in creating discontent. Usually these guys realize that the forum has a lot to offer and change their ways, becoming valuable members.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In a current topic a new member used 'campfire' slang to describe and in my view ridicule a rifle style that he did not favor.

The result is an off topic argument centered on the new members 'slang'.

That's what I don't want to have to read.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
'campfire' slang to describe and in my view ridicule a rifle style that he did not favor.

Oh, the horror. Big Grin Confused Cool

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
conifer,

he also dabbles in proctology on Sundays.

Don't ask who told me that.

Rich
animal

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Antelope Sniper:
If you wish to start a fight, here are some of the key phrases almost guaranteed to start a fight.

Head shots
Reduced Blue Dot load.
Chronographs
.270 Winchester
Long Range hunting.

I'm sure I missed a few, but AR is still a lot better then the 24 hour camp flamers.
You forgot mixing powders...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote