Find
Notify
Tools

Pappy Van Winkles bottle age Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted
Anyone know of a Pappy's expert:

I'm trying to date my bottles of 23 yo and Google doesn't cut it. I believe 2 were bottled in 2005: "A" bottles. A third bottle just has a number on it, no letter. Any help would be appreciated. Debating to finally them drink them or fund a double rifle.......

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge collector and in my honest opinion, Pappy is wildly overrated. I'd sell it and fund a double rifle. You're sitting on old Stitzel Weller stock and it's worth a fortune. Try it at a bar if you must.

Not that you asked, but I have most of the Pappy and BTAC varieties and I always enjoy letting people try it, but only as a blind taste. Almost without exception people prefer the 12 or 15 year. My personal favorite is the Sazerac 18 or Handy.

Posts: 83 | Location: Stephenville, TX & Hamilton, MT | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I agree. I tried Pappy at the bar and was underwhelmed.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote