Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody know what this is? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I bought this pot in a second-hand goods store. I have no idea what its use is. I think it's for boiling eggs by the dozen, which is how I intend to use it. It is 5-1/2 inches in diameter and 8-1/2 inches tall. It is a bit small in diameter for the flame on my gas stove to really put the heat on it. Most of the heat just goes up the sides. Maybe it's for some other use. What could it be? Considered comments most welcome...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'l be enjoying more asparagus sooner than I thought. Thanks, mete. I never would have guessed. Also looks like you could ice down a few bottles of beer in it, too...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's for "blanching" -- Boiling water and you submerge contents quickly and remove them. Mostly veggies.

But it'd be good for razor clams where you need to dip them in boiling water fast to open the shells, but you don't want to cook them.