Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancer Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I guess we all will be touched by this awfull thing sometime in our lives. My time is now. My wife was recently diagnosed with uterine cancer, she underwent a hysterectomy and yesterday we received word that cancer cells had spread to the lymph nodes. I am just curious if anyone else has had a similar situation AND opted for a treatment other than the standard chemo or chemo/radiation. I know we reach alot of people on this site, I was hoping to gather some data we might not be thinking of prior to our decision on treatment. Thank you all for your support.

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't help you with any data or knowledge but I can, and will, include you and your wife in my prayers.

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayer has a power all its own. Your wife , you and your family are in ours. God Bless and please keep us posted.

Posts: 1382 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 10 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your wife and family

An aunt of mine was diagnosed with what I recall was pancreatic cancer in the mid 1980s. She was literally given a few months to live at age 60.....and survived 13 years. She got to see her grandkids be born and grow up.

She went to an Immuno-thereapy clinic in the Bahamas described in these links.

http://immunemedicine.com/

http://www.cancer.org/Treatmen...o-augmentive-therapy

Not saying this is the only or best option, but it's one I would probably consider in addition to what the mainstream oncologists offer. Again, prayers going out to you and your family.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good ideas are being developed all the time. Keep your chin up.
Google this link SaltWater.wmv One mans quest to address cancer. There will be a cure and perhaps more proactive measures in the future.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I'll be thinking of you both and can only echo the sentiments here.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Leave no stone unturned for certain. Since the cancer is now systemic you need broad spectrum, which chemotherapy is.

Some herbs may be helpful, a good one is the common broad leaved plantain. Decoctions made from the leaves and roots. Basically a green tea and it is drunk all day like tea or coffee. This is a common lawn weed. Though leaves are not available now you can dig for roots. Pour boiling water over the washed roots.

Also prayer!

I like tuning in to healing Taoists. If you have facebook I can direct you to Zhang Sui. He does free 'distant healings' which I swear by. Don't laugh or rule this out guys.

You can also email him and discuss the disease and what he might offer as additional treatment.

http://taoalchemyqigong.weebly.com/

Most sorry to hear about this, Chain, winter is a terrible time of year with low ultra violet. Mrs. Chain needs some sun and she should add 3000 units of Vitamin D3 every day.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HEALING PRAYERS FOR YOUR WIFE AND YOUR FAMILY.

http://www.alighthouse.com/healing.htm

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
My Mom had leukemia 8 years ago and after chemo she is still here and cancer free, and actually in the same room with me right now. My Dad, on the other hand did not feel well about 5 years ago so I took him to the emergency room and they did a CAT scan and discovered he had pancreatic cancer, and he died 21 days later. So it is hard to predict what can happen.

In regards to chemo, this is what we did before starting treatment- Go to a weight lifting/body building store, or general nutrition store, and get a can of most of all their "weight gain" shake formulas. Have your wife sample them all and choose the flavors she likes, then buy a bunch of them. When she is undergoing treatment there is a good chance that she will not like any of the food she gets (plus the nutrition crap in a can they give you taste pretty bad even to me, and when I think something is unpalatable you KNOW it's bad!) so for her to get something nutritious to drink that she knows she used to like can make all the difference in the world. My mom couldn't eat much of anything but she could drink her shakes, especially when they were cold. We made sure that she had 3 of them a day and she only lost 7 pounds of weight during the entire chemo routine.

In regards to alternative therapy, I have been curious about the effectiveness of DCA. Instead of me talking about it when I don't really have any first or second hand experience, it's probably best just to google up "DCA cancer treatments" or some similar term.

Good luck and prayers to the both of you.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chain
There is a lot of accurate information on the internet and it would probably taken in aggregate give you a better picture of the situation and the choices.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
There are indeed so many variables which affect the individual and their own unique ability to withstand the onslaught of disease.

Just this morning my wife had a abdomenal port put in to allow the application of various chemotherapy drugs to be administered in higher concentrations to where they will do the most good. She suffers from Ovarian as a type, and was first diagnosised in May of 2004, life expectancy at that time was 5% would see two years (stage 3C.) Now after the only remaining cystic mass was removed three weeks ago and those cells were sent to two major research labs we have a greater knowledge of what can and will work for her. The oncologists for the first time ever are using the term: possiblity of a cure. Never ever give up, and enjoy each day. Time is your ally.

She will be added to our prayers which in the end probably do so much more than the efforts of the Dr's...

Good luck, and God's speed to the cure.

Cancer is something that you live with, but do not necessarily die from.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there is power in prayer. We will join those here who have offered to pray for you.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thank you all and wish you all a Merry Christmas. Everything changes when the Dr says that sgly word. Thank you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My father in law has the same and was given the "run around" by his local hospital as happened to both my mother and his wife who both succumbed to it months apart. Upon our and his partner's push he headed to the UCLA cancer center and will undergo stem cell transplant in a few weeks. Things are looking up it appears. Had a dear friend's young daughter with leukemia and after the local hospital run around they headed to MD Anderson in Houston. Now 5 years later his daughter is still with us. My advice to to get after the large specialty treatment centers ASAP.

Posts: 1573 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all again. We are assembling a team. The waiting is tough and the holidays aren't helping. Did the CT scan, nutrishinest today. Onnocologist consult 6 Jan, U of M onocologist 7 Jan. Thanks again and may you and yours have a Happy and Healthy New Year

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My advice to to get after the large specialty treatment centers ASAP.

Absolutely correct. This was a long time ago, but my father had cancer but didn't know it. He spent nearly a year dicking around with the local doctors in his home town. Finally, he agreed to go to what was one of the two local, meaning withing 500 miles or so, hospitals with a up to date cancer unit. They had him diagnosed within 24 hours.....this after a year of "Not sure what's wrong with you". Given the state of cancer medicine at that time, it probably wouldn't have made any difference in the end, but he could have done things differently in that year, had he known. Be sure to get your wife to the absolute best oncology hospitals you can. Good luck.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers over the last few months. Sue was pronounced cancer free and in remission today. Thank you for all your support.

Who wants to go elk hunting......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!!. That's wonderful.

I'm too old and fat to go elk hunting, though. Good luck, if you haven't worn it all out.

Posts: 10025 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Wow, the best news I imagine a person can ever get. Just wonderful.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Spectacular! PTL.

Posts: 358 | Registered: 15 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boondocker
posted Hide Post
That is great news, the Chain remains unbroken, now you can relax and enjoy life better with your wife.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

“The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.”

When the SHTF he with the most lead will retain the most gold!

Posts: 647 | Location: Pa | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chain:
I would like to Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers over the last few months. Sue was pronounced cancer free and in remission today. Thank you for all your support.

Who wants to go elk hunting......

Chain that is great news! Tell your wife congratulations from me!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Mrs Chain. Keep working at it tho, you need to give your body all the assistance you can.Time is the true test of 'free'( not to put a damper on the party).

Posts: 493 | Registered: 01 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I came to your post...I found myself really smiling. .....very, very, very happy for you and your wife.
Alex

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. We are maintaining our good eating habits and our work out schedules. We want at least fifty more years together. Thank you again for the kind words, the prayers and all the support.