Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancellation hunts Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Doesn't anyone offer true cancellation hunts anymore? On just this page alone we have several "cancellation" trips offered for the normal price of the trip.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It probably depends on the circumstances. If the scheduled hunters arranged to move their hunt to later in the season or the next year, the spot becomes open but the outfitter's costs remain the same. If a deposit is forfeited, that would create some room for discounting the hunt for the client filling the spot. In another instance, if an outfitter still has tags for which he's already paid the government, and it is late in the season, he may be willing to reduce the cost of a hunt to recover his tag funds at a lower daily rate.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
Doesn't anyone offer true cancellation hunts anymore? On just this page alone we have two seperate "cancellation" trips offered for the normal price of the trip.

Hi 2th doc,
Well, to tell you the truth, I just sold a cancellation hunt. 7 Full hunting days for $640
Did not even get a chance to post it here. Will do so in the future, but ones like that dont come around often.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the title is Offered and Discounted Hunts. You can't blame these guys for trying to get full price.

Posts: 80 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 28 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hell I do not blame anyone for trying to make a dollar but every trip I book has a quote in the contract refering to "no refunds of deposit for cancellation of the trip without rebooking"{. Also most operators request 50% deposits with 25% about the lowest I've seen lately. Not everyone rebooks for later dates and loose their deposit,some do rebook but no all.
In this economy offer those hunts sans the deposit the original client lost and you'll sell that trip pretty quickly at the original price of the hunt.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Sign me up for one of those 7 day hunts for $640. I assume that includes all trophy fees as well. dancing

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2294 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doesn't anyone offer true cancellation hunts anymore?

there are a few, the real deals tend to go fast. I understand when an outfitter is kind enough to move a deposit back a year or season, they typically do this because they know they can sell the original date at full price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My same thought when I saw a recent hunt for a cat. The price is actually a couple thousand more than next door here with the best cougar guy around. Deposits are held by some of these guys and want full price on top of it??? If they can get it then good job is all I say. in this economy you have to either be one of the top guys or drop the price a bit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't that cougar outfitter state that original hunt was cancelled due to medical reasons? He moved the hunt, for which he said he had already been paid, to Dec/11. Now he wants to sell that same opening at his original price. The original hunter gets his hunt next season with no price increase, and the outfitter fills an opening that has come up. What's the problem?

If a cancelling hunter loses his deposit, then the hunt should be sold cheaper. If no deposit has been forfeited, and if the outfitter feels he can sell the hunt easily, why should he discount?

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with JWM but it should be said as a posponed hunt with an opening at regular price.
I have done several cancelation hunts , Caribou $1000 at the time it was $3750 regular
the former client developed a hart condition the cancelation hunt was sold on the balance.
Most outfitters either work with the client Or keep the Deposit if they can ,then they sell the Hunt if it is not late for the remaining Balance of the hunt. THAT TO ME IS A TRUE CANCELATION HUNT THAT YOU BUY FOR THE REMAINING BALANCE.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is what I'm talking about.

posted Hide Post
This thread does not belong in the Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts forum which is for the posting of hunt offers, not questions.

It is being moved to Miscellaneous Topics.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't like the terms, date, or price? Don't buy it. Seems simple enough to me.

In short, quit bitching. Frowner

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote