Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ukraine/ personal Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
My little sister + her husband were in the missionary service for about 20 years in Czech + Ukraine, ending about 15 years ago when they came back stateside, but bringing with them not only the memory of friends from Europe, but they adopted 2 Ukrainian orphans, who are now grown into their early 20s + living the American dream.I remember the little girl, several years ago, singing out the star-spangled banner at school, + saying that this was the best country ever!! I mention this because my sister is still in contact with her friends in that part of the world; + their reports to her are horrendous. I would say that the soviets are only animals, but we already know that.We are hearing about via the "news", but that is not anywhere near the truth of what is going on. The murders, rapes, ad nauseam that our press will not print is astounding. But my sister is getting it verbatim from those still there. I don't have the answer, but I do know that the problem arrives from not only the soviet's greed of more land but the fact that Ukraine is the "bread basket of Europe"through the wheat production, as well as having the richest oil wells. Seems pretty simple to me why Vlad wants the country, + why he shouldn't. And once again, the people! Not just statistics, but real people who are suffering under more soviet oppression; not much has changed.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, that sounds eerily similar to a friend of mine. He was a physician and became a missionary. His family moved to Ukraine and adopted 2 Ukranian children as well. I contributed to his mission and received newsletters from him. The situation was bad then (late 90's early 2000's). Worse now.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
A former poster here, Edmond Huet, lives in Ukraine and helps train and equip resistance fighters. If you want to make a donation, I can connect you with him. You might even get some cool Ukrainian swag.

Posts: 7480 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee, I had wondered what ever happened to Edmond. Haven't heard from him in years. I just assumed that the soviet goons had hauled him away to a little room on Lubyanka square.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a missionary friend in Ukraine now.

Well be in touch with him next week.

He always has interesting things to tell me.

Posts: 19360 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Lee, I had wondered what ever happened to Edmond. Haven't heard from him in years. I just assumed that the soviet goons had hauled him away to a little room on Lubyanka square.

He was thrown off here for his incessant spamming. coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote