THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Yet another question about selling a gun.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yet another question about selling a gun. Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted
Let's say hypothetically, that I've made a deal to sell a varmint rifle to a guy I don't know from Adam on another forum. The deal is all well and good, but a red flag goes up when he gives me his roommate's name as the name to ship to, hypothetically, of course. He claims that his Roommate has an Idaho Driver's Lic. and he has an Oklahoma DL. According to him, NV will not let an OKie buy a gun. What do ya'll think? Does this hypothetical sound a bit hinky to ya'll?
Thanks

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, send the firearm until the person or business recieving the firearm sends you a copy of their FFL and you recieve the money order and cash it. Your firearm can only be sent to the address on the FFL. I frequently do these type of transactions. A non FFL holder may sell firearms out of state, but should always go thru an FFL dealer to stay on the up and up. The recieving dealer will then do a NICS check thru the FBI on the person buying the firearm. There are no exception to this rule.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a "straw purchase" to me. Good way to end up in "ClubFed" where you get to do damn near day for day, nowhere near home most likely.

If he knows he can't get the firearm legal, why did he even buy it?

If he now lives in this state, he probably, by law, is supposed to get a new ID/DL w/in so many days. If that's the case, just hold the firearm until he can purchase it himself. If he won't do that, just send him his money order back.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
thanks for the replies guys.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 16 July 2010 18:35 Hide Post
This is getting paranoid, but for all you know, the guy may be an ATFer setting up a sting in which, at a minimum you'll be extremely inconvenienced and could do time. Or a local anti-gun reporter doing the same thing. PASS, PASS, PASS.

i was thinking the same thing
xxxxxxxxxx

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the replies. The knowledge and willingness to share it with others is truly one of the things that makes this forum so great.