Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forest Fire in South Eastern Arizona Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
There's a couple of HUGE fires in Arizona. The Wallow fire is over 200,000 acres and is 0% contained. The smoke plume is playing hell with us here in NM. Burining eyes, haze to the point that visibility is limited, ash falling like snow, breathing feels like you are smoking, smells like a campfire here in town.

Check out these pics. Yes, the first one is the Sun just before it became totally obscured by smoke from the fire.

Crazy stuff I have not seen here in my lifetime.

It cleared a little this morning before it got bad again...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's now over 400,000 acres or 500 square miles. No containment. We will be in smoke forever unless the wind shifts and smokes someone else out who's in a city "near the campfire".

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
It's now over 400,000 acres or 500 square miles. No containment. We will be in smoke forever unless the wind shifts and smokes someone else out who's in a city "near the campfire".

Yeh, and the scary part is that it is less than half the size of the "Wallow" fire currently burning in NE, AZ. That one is right at 1,000,000 acres now and still 0% under control at the moment, according to yesterday's Arizona Republic newspaper.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Wallow fire is what I'm refering to AC. Since the OP, it has gone uncontained as you say and is really creating a problem for us to the east of it.

We're at the mercy of the wind direction!