Find
Notify
Tools

London Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted
Hi AR Members,

I have accepted directorship of a private equity company in London and move there on 24th of August.

I have old friends with Holland and Holland and other London makers so if any AR members need stuff checking out let me know.

As soon as I can get up there I will be booking a fitting with David McKay Brown for a double and some shotguns. Anyone interested in the details just drop me a line.

I will be traveling a lot but if you know you will be in London and want to meet, ping me an email to myles.chilton@stvincentgroup.co.uk

Milo.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Milo Shanghai:
Hi AR Members,

As soon as I can get up there I will be booking a fitting with David McKay Brown for a double and some shotguns. Anyone interested in the details just drop me a line.

Milo.

Obviously a man of impeccable taste. DMB does truly beautiful work! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Steve.

I once used a DMB twelve gauge belonging to a friend for one drive at North Yorkshire driven pheasants. Where I looked, it shot and it felt so good in the hands it was almost not even there. I offered him a cheque for it after the drive. Just as well he refused as it was more than I could afford at the time.

I can't wait to get up to Scotland.

Best wishes,
Milo.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I've had the pleasure of handling several of his RA doubles and have been in love with every one of them.... Also met the man himself in the Seacliff once which was also a pleasure.

I'm a great fan of the Scottish gun and rifle makers and am lucky enough to own a 1926 John Dickson & son SLE 12 gauge..... sadly not a RA and sadly a bit knocked about a bit but nevertheless I love it dearly.

I was very lucky to get the gun at all.... a friend of mine was literally about to hand it into the cops for destruction and I simply couldn't bear to see it happen so bought it from him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Their work is truly wonderful. I am glad for you.

To get a DMB double and a OU 12 and 20 I would need to have a large Winchester sale down in the AR classifieds, and get the swimming pool company to give me back the money for the as yet unfinished pool in the back yard. But I would have a lot of space in the gun safe then. Smiler And I might have a small flat in London with just me in it. Wink

Congratulations to you on both counts.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tex.

If you need anything from London let me know and I will do my best to find it.