Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

couger problem, solved idaho style Login/Join 
One of Us
posted

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
apparently they disregarded the extra 50' of snow we have got this year pushing the deer into town.
there isn't too many other places to get food except under the cedar tree's in the valleys.
and all the deer are down and the Elk are close behind them.

this leads to lots of hungry predators and then problems in town.
I have had cougar tracks right across my front lawn and seen where it took the local raccoon across the street in the open field a few nights back.
good thing about the lion being around is it run off the 2 young coyotes we had roaming the area.
bad thing is I have to stand at the back door with a shotgun and watch the dogs when I put them out at night either way.

Posts: 4986 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
That woman has some spunk and determination! I had a great uncle that used to run a pack of dogs on cougars at a place in Utah called cat canyon, while he and others rode behind on horseback. Once they tree'd a cougar they would lasso it out of the tree and either set it free or cage it to later train the dogs with. He had some pretty good stories to tell about their adventures. He once brought a caged cougar down to town to weekly our boy scout troop meeting. That big cat was snarling, growling, swiping at us in its cage, and totally pissed! Big Grin