THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    The List: The Top 50 Barbecue Joints in Texas

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The List: The Top 50 Barbecue Joints in Texas Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted

Posts: 1072 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You would think someone from Texas would have posted this. I guess we are too busy eating the stuff to read about it.

Thanks

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Just doing my partSmiler

Posts: 1072 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Going through that list, I see a lot of people just jumping on the BBQ bandwagon. I like BBQ joints that have some roots. Half of the places listed haven't been in existence for five years. Some have been open less than a year.

My guess is that if seaweed tacos become popular many of these BBQ places will shutdown and reopen as taco joints. Texas Monthly shouldn't even review joints that haven't been around at least 5+ years. Just chasing the almighty buck doesn't mean you have anything special.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like BBQ joints that have some roots.

Roots taste like dirt. Most older Q joints just don't make the cut compared to how good the newer one's products are. There are some exceptions, but damn few.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTW, I like Snow's but making it #1 is a serious mistake IMO. I think they are honoring Tootsie with the rating, not the Q. Of course, I felt the same way about Franklin's.

Putting Cooper's on the list is a travesty IMO.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote