Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

warranty Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I bought a Whrilpool frig last July with the extended warranty. Could not get it delivered until August of last year. July 3rd of this year the frig died. Called whrilpool, the same day and they said we will get a repair man out to trouble shoot,we will contact you when repairman in coming. 5 days later we got a call and they said can't fin a repairman who will come out to trouble shoot. I ask them your'e telling me you cannot find one single repairman with in 50 mile radius to to trouble shoot.they told me we are trying,so the warranty runs out. So I called the extended warranty (ASSURAN) It was another 5 days finally they got a tech out to trouble shoot the guy tore it apart and said yup you got a leak in the system.
I said ok how long will it take to fix the leak, I don't know I'm just a trouble shooter and there will be 2 more Tech out verify my decision on what is wrong, I said how long will that take he said right now about 2 weeks Well I'm still waiting. So I have been without a frig for a Month.lucky that I have good neighbor he got a frig in his garage that I can store my food in. I'm going to contact a Lawyer and find out if I got a case,if not I'm out $ 800.00 dollars plus the meat I lost,some venison and fish and beef.

Posts: 114 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm going to contact a Lawyer

Might cost yost you more then the frig is worth.

Posts: 19366 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Drastic action is required!

Years ago, we bought a Panasonic 103” TV.

It broke down a couple of weeks later.

Called the shop, and they said they will collect and repair it.

I said I want a replacement.

They refused.

I told them I know where the owner of the company lives.

He drives a white Rolls Royce.

I will transport the broken TV to his house, and I will get a crane and drop it on top of his Rolls Royce!

They called less than an hour later, promising to deliver a replacement the next day!

They did.

And the plasma TV has been working non stop.

We use it every day!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
00, P-dog is right, you would be throwing good money after bad. O.K. we know the problem, so here is the solution. Get another low temp. Co.(guys who work on frigis, walk ins, etc.) Get him to fix your unit + just walk away. You will have your refer back + that is what really matters. As to pound of flesh. be very vocal about the folks that screwed you. Those that said that there is no such thing as bad advertising are wrong. Bad Press on a villain always gets topdrawer!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
If I may suggest trying to fix it yourself... I know, sucks to have to do that but, I often find out a repair is not as hard as one might think.

Just remember, there is a youtube video for everything and parts are easy to obtain.

https://www.repairclinic.com/

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't help you, but my wife and I went through two Whirlpool fridges in a short few years and after the second one failed the company deemed it as non-repairable again. Refunded me enough money to buy a Samsung and we haven't had any more fridge trouble since then. Three years now. No more Whirlpool products in our home. Almost forgot, our whirlpool washing machine crapped out fairly quickly but no longer under warranty, so we replaced it with a Samsung and it makes us smile.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1187 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You remember the Sears DieHard batteries? You could get them for X amount of months warranty. Sears had it figured out how to make the battery crap out a few months before the end of the warranty. So you would go back + buy a new battery for the difference in price + they would keep you hooked on their product line. Also if your frig. does indeed have a leak, the odds are that you don't have the means or tools to find it, solder it, recharge it, not to mention that these days it's very hard for an unlicensed individual to purchase any forms of freon.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love DieHard batteries. I got in a bind recently and now run an Interstate battery. (I thought the DieHard brand died with Sears but Firestone seems to carry them now.)

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, the diehards were good batteries, I used them for years. I just thought that was a bit shady business practice though. My local tire + automotive guy carries the Interstate line + I've had good luck there. Besides, I bring him some ammo on occasion + he saves all his wheel weights for me. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dennis:

That's chink shit you're buying!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote