THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Dear Father in Heaven, what were you thinking?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Father in Heaven, what were you thinking? Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Two amazing lives in inconceivably difficult circumstances. God rest their souls and bless their dignity.

https://apnews.com/article/old...642cd8c40a4051558494

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I feel sorry for not only them but their parents as well. I can only imagine how they felt. Many years ago, we had a child born with birth defects + we were informed that he would never be O.K. I lived one very tortured weekend + then the doctor said that children born like that would not live long + heaven help me, but I was actually relieved. I know that the doctor felt he was doing a kindness not to say anything right away, but I told him on the next Monday that for future reference, he would really be doing a kindness by telling the parents up front. Any death is a diminishment, but I felt it better to not prolong the inevitable.

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Randy, I am very sorry to hear this. And yes, it can be a huge burden on the parents. It was not all that long ago that Down's Syndrome kids were institutionalized soon after birth, and kept out of the public eye. Perhaps we have made some progress.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote