New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wedding anniversary Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Today, Wifezilla and I have been married for 40 years. (I don't even look both ways when I cross the street anymore.)

We got back from a two week holiday in the UK at 10 PM last night so she's napping on the couch right now.

I think that I'll wake her up and ask her what she's cooking for dinner.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
Congrats! That is quite the accomplishment.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1086 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Wow Frank you have the perfect marriage,a 2 way street.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In 2020 I celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary. I hope to have a huge celebration, but first I have to get in touch with the three women that helped me attain that goal. I know where they are, but I'm having trouble contacting one of them. She currently resides in the Mountain View Unit in Gatesville. I'm told she's in "administrative segregation" at the moment, so I told the person on the other end of the line to just tell her thanks for the hour and a half we spent together back in 1971.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wife (only one ever) had number 49 on the 18th of June. ....can`t see how because she looks and acts like a reasonable and sane person.

Got to love it!

Posts: 42 | Location: Goldendale Wa. USA | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, like Kensco if you count from the first one, I've been committed for 43 years.

My current and last for officially 25 but we've been together for about 30.

I was lucky and both wives were better than I deserved. My current wife is a treasure, not to mention she puts up with me, which is not an easy job.

It's been a good run.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both you guys make good points. Being married twice (I think I made up the part about one being in Mountain View. I was pretty drunk a few times in an earlier life, so who knows.) I've got to admit that 22 and 23+ years has been a pretty good run, with wonderful women.

Chester, I would forget what your gut is telling you. Keep doing what you are doing. It apparently is working. Don't screw it up.

There is a great deal to be said about being lucky. I think back to some decisions I made, and luckily some I didn't make, that led me to this point in time. I would hope my son will be as "lucky" as I was.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have 3 fine sons from my 1st ex-wife. I have been divorced from # 2 for 11 years + every day I thank God that I never had any kids with that woman (Beelzibub).That is truly the only person in this world that I NEVER want to see again.I use to celebrate the divorce anniversary now I just forget it + count my blessings.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Lora and I will be celebrating our 25th. anniversary on August the 29th. this year. My first wife, Mollie and I were married for 17 years and simply grew apart.

Our interests in life and what we wanted out of it simply took different paths and we split the blanket. She is a good person and has met Lora and we stay in touch, mainly when some of mine and her old acquaintances pass away.

Lora gets asked what it is like being married to me and her normal response is, "It Is Never Dull".

One of my great regrets in life is that Lora did not get to meet a truly fine gentleman that I ever had the honor and privilege of knowing. He would have thought Lora was really special.

One day when Mollie and I were still married, he came into the little store Mollie's parents owned. Mollie was in picking up a few things and visiting with her Mother and he came into the store.

He saw Mollie and told her "Sister", come over and talked to me a minute. She went over and set down and they were talking and he said, "Sister, I want you to know you have earned your place in Heaven."

Mollie said Okay, but why, he said you're just like Jackie, that was his wife's name and Mollie asked why and he said, "Well Ol' Jackie has put with me, and you put up with Randall, so you all have earned your places in Heaven".

If I had been half the husband to Mollie, that I have been to Lora, in October, Mollie and I would be celebrating our 47th., but all things happen for a reason and God does not show us the playbook.

I have been married to two really good women and it has been one hell of a dance.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wife and I have been married for 53yrs last June 6. Friends saty she is going directly to heaven when she dies 'casuse she has already spent hell on earth (with me). They call her St Mary.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken

You are a wise man. I sure don't have all the answers but I do know it takes a lot of prayer and slefless acts on both sides to make things work.

My wife puts up with a lot and stuck with me through my fight with cancer so I have no intention of going against what has worked thus far,except to try harder to be the man she deserves.

A good wife is heaven on earth.

Cheester

I have a nice safe full of toys that she bought or let me

Posts: 42 | Location: Goldendale Wa. USA | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
No, Lora isn't leaving me, only God knows why, I have gave her plenty of reasons to cut a trail but she hasn't and for that I Thank God daily. Willie says it better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3DxVVfTifg

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
37 years with my current wife

Or as she likes to be known as my first and only wife.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well,
Wife and I had our 56th last month. It has been a good ride.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me and mine celebrated 21 years yesterday. She said she would marry me again. Raised in the city but she enjoys going to the country with me.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
47th coming up in a couple weeks

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know it is not easy living with me. I give my wife 5 years for one, sort of like dog years. We have been married 160 years for her, but only 32 for me. Best thing that ever happened to me. She is a great Texas girl.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote