Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are You Missing Money? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
My brother sent me this website last night. http://www.missingmoney.com/ If you have lived in the U.S., type in your last name and your State, then check the list provided for any variations of your first name; ie. James E. James Edward, J. E., Jim, Jimmy, etc.

Not all States are captured on the website. Check your individual State Comptroller of Public Accounts. They will also have a similar list showing if you have any money owed to you.

For us, my daughter had two amounts, my sister-in-law one, my nephew had two, and I had one. Don't expect miracles. For us the total was $97.85. The best way to go after the money is through the State's CoPA website. They have a form online to send in. They are also the place where you will find the amount and what it was for. In my case it was a dividend check for $2.86 from 2002, that was owed to a joint account with my daughter. Rather than split $2.86, we donated the amount to Match The Promise Foundation. The instruction is also on the Texas form.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMO this one is better, www.unclaimed.org, it connects you to the state sites. One reason it is better is that on the Texas site if you click details, it will tell you exactly how much money is involved. It's not worth fooling with a dollar or two IMO but the donation idea is great. I found money for several of my friends and I've got thousands in suspened royalties coming from Louisiana. I knew it was there, but didn't want to fool with getting it. This made it easy.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PERFECT...THANKS.....did it....found $$ ....will submit.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gato, that site is good. (Seems the two endorse each other.) I'm going to forward it to my brother. He is the historian for our family, so he can trace to his heart's content.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the initial post, hopefully it will help somebody. I should have posted it but just forgot.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the connections. tu2

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I tried it just for grins. I'm "owed" $6.52.For what I have no idea.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At this rate we'll pay off the national debt.