New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eagles Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted
I was driving to the local market today and in a cornfield there were 2 bald eagles. Since they were fairly close to the road I stopped to let my daughters get a good look at them. It seems that they had were eating something, but I couldn't quite make it out. Then the one holding its prey flew up a few feet, lending me a look at its quarry. At that point in time my wife screamed, the eagle had killed someones cat. As it took off, the head was dangling and you could see the collar of the cat! I took this as a teachable moment to my daughters... That god hates cats and he sends his eagles to kill them for him.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1086 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Big Grin tu2 Big Grin

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We need more Eagles!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Around here they pretty much limit themselves to fish and the occasional duckling. We have other means of surplus feral cat control though....

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin+3

One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
I know its a bit late coming but I finally found the SD card, here they are.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1086 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adios Fluffy........in Anchorage one time, read a news story about retired couple in a RV stopping for rest way back there, they turned the poodle loose & was snatched by an eagle....

Posts: 557 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A buddy shot a monster buck years back + when he got to the deer noticed a bell around it's neck + in the distance the voices of children yelling ,"Frostie,Frostie!" I asked him what he did.He said he left the bell on the gut pile.

Posts: 4233 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Corn fed eagles ,that's an idea .That might cut the typical fishy taste a bit ! Or you could make a popcorn stuffing like what they do with turkeys. popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you only had a camera! You would probably be surprised what eagles, hawks, and owls catch!