New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm getting a Daughter Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Well a Daughter-In-Law anyways.

My Oldest Son went to her Parents last weekend and asked for their blessing, then last night he took her out and ask her for her hand in Marriage.

She happily accepted, when they came by to tell us I got a huge hug from her. My son came to me last week and asked me to make the engagement ring, so I turned a simple band and engraved their initials in it. She loved the ring.

Colin

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I wish them the best.

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Congrats

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now you'll learn what being a father really means. There will be little spats and big fights in the upcoming marriage. You will be consulted to help iron them out. I do not envy you the task ahead.

Looking at it, parenting has go to be the most difficult job on the planet. You try your best to raise your kids to be law-abiding, productive citizens and self-sufficient adults. But you don't know if you did it right for decades. That's got to keep some moms and dads up at night. I am truly blessed that God made me so ugly, women won't get near until they hear the right price...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HB,

be happy. Now it's a simple price negotiation. If you been married for twenty-plus years like me; it's just every penny you make...

You married guys can all relate.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
HB,

be happy. Now it's a simple price negotiation. If you been married for twenty-plus years like me; it's just every penny you make...

You married guys can all relate.

Rich
My dad can relate. October 1 makes 56 years he and my mom have been struggling to raise good kids. They had four. My dad has paid for six or seven college educations. Sometimes it just don't "take," you know?

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the congrats and the inspiring words of wisdom.

Today is our anniversary, we just got back from Wichita, we went down yesterday to see Dinner Theater in a 150 year old historic Theater that is still preforming live shows(one of the last in the state and the only one that has operated continously). Dinner was excellent, and the show was a Stage adaptation of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels", it was very good and we had a wonderful time. Spent the night in a nice hotel room, love the extra room on a California King Bed....Then we went browsing around Wichita today and bought a few things and came home.

Colin

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote