Notify
Tools

Motivational! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
I like this one.

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
Good One! I like it, too. I'm so showing this one to my daughter. Thanks!

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! That's the way my daughter has been raised, whoa betide the little turd that thinks he can have his way eith my little girl.

Karate, dirt bikes and shooting....she has more than enough confidence.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I love it! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like that.... Thanks.

"We Don't Rent Pigs !"

Posts: 1191 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 29 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I enjoy a beautiful, smart Grand daughter, age 4, that I will teach to shoot. Right now she runs away when I grind coffee in the morning.
I'm thinking she's not ready to learn to shoot.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a granddaughter that turned 21 last September. When my wife and I took her shooting with us back in February, she blindsided me with “ Pop-o, how come you have never taken me deer hunting like my brother”?. Well, I was quite taken by that question and asked her extensively if she actually thought she could shoot a deer? She said she could.

What am I to do??? The first thing I did was let her shoot my swift. She did very well. Next I went to the Big 6. She shot it very well. So I looked around and found an old 1958 model Remington 721, 270, with a 6X scope reasonable and bought it for her. She shot it one time and had enough. A little more recoil than the 6, which has a muzzle brake on it. A little louder even with ear muffs. I will have to work with her on shooting it as she still says she wants me to take her deer hunting.

Actually, I was impressed with the accuracy of the old Remington. It shoots 1 1/2 ' 4 shot groups with factory ammo.

"We Don't Rent Pigs !"

Posts: 1191 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 29 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder why you never took her hunting also.

My daugther is 25 and she takes time off from work and drives 15 hrs for deer season.

For those of you out there with young ladys in their life.

Please take them hunting and shooting no better way to win the guns are bad war.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
I agree! Take those girls out hunting. I was always envious of the boys that got to go while I had to stay home and help with holiday decorating. Ugh.

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From an earlier post in the "American Hunting" forum.

My Daughters first hunt was a Duck hunt when she was about 4. I carried her to the blind on my shoulder and she sat in the pit and "killed" every one of my decoys with her Daisey Red Rider BB gun. Big Fun. She has been hooked.

She fishes too.

I took the girls hunting and they did this.

This is Mrs. JTEX's first White tail deer, and her first North American game animal. Her first game animal was a Springbok killed in South Africa in June of '07. I may have created a monster!!!! Oh, Yeah, she stole my .308 when we got back and claims it as her own now!

This is my miniature daughter's first buck ( not bad for an 11 year old ) she killed her first doe last season and this year we found her a nice 8 point. 131 1/2", damn nice I'd say for the TX hill country. She now insists on being called BUCKSHOT, or Deerslayer. That little rifle the kid has is her own, it is a Remington model 7 in 6mm Rem., my great Aunt, her great great Aunt, gave it to the kid when she retired from deer hunting at the young age of 77. It looks like it is in good hands.

Low fence hill country deer, Junction, TX.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote