Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phil Robertson Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Its about time decent God fearing folks take a stand, most of us I would think agree with what Phil said and we usually sit back and dont stand up is the reason that we get run over and mad out to be the Evil Christians. I have sent A&E an email stating that without Phil I will not watch Duck Dynasty or any other A&E program and will change my entertainment package however necessary to not subscribe to the network. I think we should all do that and ask everyone else that we know to take a minute to stand for whats right.

aefeedback@aenetworks.com

Posts: 87 | Location: al | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't agree with all of Phil's comments. I do agree he has a right to his opinion. He wasn't interviewed by A&E so why are they weighing in on his comments.

The clan should tell A&E that you get all the family, or nothing, and refuse to move forward with A&E. Another network will snap them up. Where they may run into trouble is in the fine print of their contract. I'm sure they have their lawyers going over that now.

We'll find out whether principle or money speaks loudest.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i think everybody should bomb bard that a&e with the fact he just said what everyone else thinks and that they are out of sink with reality. how can 1% of the people dictate what 99% think.
every one has a constitutional right to free speech and they violated his right to say what he feels is correct

Posts: 14 | Location: missouri | Registered: 27 July 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe they are starting to cave starting to talk deal.

http://www.freerepublic.com/fo...f-chat/3103492/posts

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jim armistem:
i think everybody should bomb bard that a&e with the fact he just said what everyone else thinks and that they are out of sink with reality. how can 1% of the people dictate what 99% think.
every one has a constitutional right to free speech and they violated his right to say what he feels is correct

God God man Duck Dynisty was a "Reality Show".

A&E wants to Censor what Phil says on/about a reality show - BS!!!

A&E is way out of touch with the demographics of that show's audience. Think A&E is about to get a dose of REALITY!

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where they may run into trouble is in the fine print of their contract. I'm sure they have their lawyers going over that now.
True. And what the network will be going over is their viewer demographics to decide just how bad they need to keep that show and the money from it.

As for the contract, I rather imagine it's standard in that industry with those appearing in all shows to make them agree to employment at will regarding public statements. The contract probably gives the network the right to suspend or fire for any remarks and gives the network the exclusive right to determine if the remarks are grounds for termination. I'm just guessing at that, but I presume that's what it says.

The same thing has happened before. It happened to Rush and his NFL position. It happened to that Vegas odds maker too, remember the one?

The only Lefty I recall it happening to was Dan Rather, and only because he got caught red-handed trying to jack a presidential election.

Of course the network can disregard all that if they really want to keep the show. But it'd only be because of the money. I really don't think people in that industry like this kind of show and would probably deep down prefer not being associated with it.

Anyway, I think the family ought to try the History Channel, home of Swamp People. Those on Swamp People strike me as stand up real guys and country oriented, religious folks also. They should also check with Discovery Channel, which sponsors Gold Rush. On that show open displays of patriotic sentiment, religious conviction and prayers are routinely shown.

There ARE other options for them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Duck Commander ^

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Kensco,99 out of 100 times money outweighs principles.Sad but true. In that regard this might be a blessing in that the network will see the loss of their cash cow.We shall see.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the family is calling their bluff. Good.

A&E screwed-up, and they need to figure-out where the shallow end of the pool is, and hustle to get there before they drowned. They probably regret shifting to damage-control as quickly as they did.

one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Slippery slope here in this PC f-ing culture we've become. We were founded as a Christian country but all of that has changed because of liberal c***suckers.

They're going to say "if we let Phil trumpet what's in the Bible then we have to let the muslims say publicly that they believe every non-muslim should be beheaded".

We're struggling mightily because of so many different special interests in the "new" USA. Gays, lesbos, africans, lazy bastards, potheads, muslims, mexicans, corporate criminals, pedophiles....they all want their rights too...and we give them to them!!!! The good ol' USA had some bad folks but most people wanted pretty much the same thing.....not so much anymore.

Ethnic (and ethical) cleansing.....we're overdue for some here.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Norton, I agree.Perhaps its time to let common physics take over. I.E.- Water WILL find its own level + cream WILL come to the top. We just need the G.D. politicos (oh + the G.D. media) out of the loop. What I find hope in all of this is that so many Americans are this interested in a program that has Christian values. They are watching this instead of some insepid reality show. Getting back to what I said before,Money talks. We're not just talking about the show,every store you go into has D.D. products for sale. Once again,don't you find the populace in approval of entertaining religious programing? A+E will have to decide that they can not straddle the fence,they will have to choose the Christian or queer doctrine. I suppose we will see who has the most money.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
[QUOTE]

Anyway, I think the family ought to try the History Channel, home of Swamp People.

Not going to happen.. Same parent company owns BOTH A&E and the History Channel.

The compnay is 50 % owned by Hearst Media AND the Walt Disney Co.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're right. Except that (and not that it matters) it appears Hearst-Disney owns 50% and ABC owns the other 50%.

The other channels that have been suggested for them include Discovery and CMT. Discovery appears to be owned by a company independent of the other big media outfits. CMT is owned by Viacom and is operated by the same people who control MTV.

I guess the problem would be the same. A person crosses the line by making any remarks directed at any officially protected species Liberals think are "sacred cows". Or who constitute an important constituency for the Dems.

You'd have to find something Lib Dems don't care about. Then they'd let it pass, if it's directed at those they consider fair game. Just one for instance. Have any of you ever noticed how the butt of any jokes and the fall guys who constantly get fun poked at them in so many commercials just happen to be White males? And RARELY anybody else.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
lazy bastards,

Hey now, I want you to know that I consider my special interest group of lazy bastards to be sadly underrepresented in the PC atmosphere. I demand more work for lazy bastards!

AFA the rest of your PC groups, I may not agree with them in any way, but I don't think they should be killed EXCEPT FOR PEDOPHILES which should be shot upon conviction. DEAD leaves little chance for recidivism.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote