THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Only in Texas does the National Guard get bailed out by a bunch of rednecks with lift

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Only in Texas does the National Guard get bailed out by a bunch of rednecks with lift Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted
Only in Texas does the National Guard get bailed out by a bunch of rednecks with lifted trucks

https://twitter.com/michaelkey...s/903222264858124289

Posts: 1073 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's quite the truck pulling.

During one of the Dallas area floods they interviewed a lady who had been rescued by a lifted truck. She said, "I always thought what do those boys need a truck like that for? Now I'm glad they have it!"

M

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any port in a storm. I'd be glad to have help, anytime, wouldn't you?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm bothered by the number of rednecks, amateur rescuers, and just plain fun seekers that have been electrocuted in the Houston area. Too many.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/houst...ng/story?id=49575562

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2...n-pkg-kaye-ac360.cnn

Amazing some times how there is so little respect for deep, fast moving water. Better know what you are doing or let the professionals handle it. Nothing like a dead hero-wanna-be.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You seem to ignore the fact that, in the case of Houston, the "professioinals" were overwhelmed and desperately put out calls for help by any civilians with a boat. Louisiana sent a flotilla of boats, called the Cajun Navy, as some measure of thanks for Texan amateurs help saving lives in Katrina. People die everyday in less noble efforts. I applaud their efforts, at least they were trying to help.

I suppose if you were clinging to a branch in a swift flowing bayou in Houston and one of these "amateur" rescuers came by in a boat, you'd tell him to go on about his business, he isn't qualified enough to save your ass. Smiler

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
You seem to ignore the fact that, in the case of Houston, the "professioinals" were overwhelmed and desperately put out calls for help by any civilians with a boat. Louisiana sent a flotilla of boats, called the Cajun Navy, as some measure of thanks for Texan amateurs help saving lives in Katrina. People die everyday in less noble efforts. I applaud their efforts, at least they were trying to help.

I suppose if you were clinging to a branch in a swift flowing bayou in Houston and one of these "amateur" rescuers came by in a boat, you'd tell him to go on about his business, he isn't qualified enough to save your ass. Smiler

+1!

Remember, some folks are big gov't liberals. Big gov't is your salvation. Volunteerism is bad.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nvmichael:
Only in Texas does the National Guard get bailed out by a bunch of rednecks with lifted trucks

https://twitter.com/michaelkey...s/903222264858124289

Hopefully they will all remember to change the oil in their drivetrains when this is over...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14379 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't rate saving a cat, or funning around taking selfies as high on my list of priorities if there is a major event. I don't imagine you do either.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
There are one helluva lot of goobers out there that are doing "adventeours things" but are really being stupid. That is not to deride the folks who are really trying to help;+ there are quite a few. Kensco,I don't know where that came from;I do agree that folks taking selfies to "show they were there" is disgusting;but I have to say that I do rate saving a cat,dog too;some humans debatable.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that good folks quietly helping out greatly outnumber the self-promoting scum posting selfies and trumpeting a donation. There was one weasel charter captain that started a fund to basically pay for his gas, beer, lodging and food to go from FL to TX all the while posting his every move on facebook......then he did jack shit once he arrived in Houston. These disasters bring the real rats out from their nests.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Just got word today that a buddy of mine took his boat down to help in Houston.Had a bit of motor trouble + was slammed into a concrete pier,then some other boat came along + ran over him,throwing him in the drink. Lost his boat but he made it out + he had on a head mount camera at the time. I'm looking forward to seeing that little bit of footage. I sure hope his boat was insured.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
It would be a better world if we helped each other out, no crisis needed!

Posts: 1073 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote