THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Building materials are coming back down

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Building materials are coming back down Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I heard on the TV news that lumber has dropped 40% in the last weeks prices. That may be a good sign of people wanting to build. Lumber is going the way of toilet paper after the scare run by lumber companies raised the price. Mills are running back to normal now.

Watch the price of water to go up soon. Large oil and gas people are trying to lease up water rights on private ranches in Texas. The Brazos river has too much arsenics to use for drinking water. Baylor in Waco has been granted several large amount to develop a way to filter the water to make it safe. I have seen the fields out in far west Texas and you can see the amount of chemicals shining on the farms which is the head water of the Brazos water. The rivers that feed into the Brazos that are not in the main flow from the NM border are being used for drinking water and they are safe to use.

Drilling water wells in Texas are being monitored and I think you still have to get a permit to drill on your own property. The water district groups are wanting to tax your water. The waist water the Ft Worth and Dallas drains into the Trinity River and about 100 miles down stream it passes into a field on natural grass and weeds to filter out the water before it is pumped back over into the Richland Chambers Lake . Now there is where the Tarrant county water has built a pipe line back to Ft Worth 125 miles away into Lake Benbrook. Now down near Hearne there is a water wells system built by San Antonio and there is a 5 ft dia. pipe line sending water pumped from private land 125 miles to use for San Antonio people. I know of a woman sold 40 acres where they made a pump station and there is 17 wells working in that area. Farm people that have been in the area since back into the 1800's are watching their water wells drop levels down too low. Law suits are filed , but I don't know who is winning.

Just a few things that is happening with all the people coming into Texas and building large home with the money that got from the California property. Homes have gone up 3 times the value it was a couple of years ago.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
There is an Italian made fusili pasta I really like and buy a case of it once a year or so. I am running low and looked to order another case (12 packages in a case) from amazon. It was 50% higher in price than last year at this time. They can ESAD.

~Ann

Posts: 19159 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Les you have made some valid statements. The water issue here is VERY grave + important. The powers that be seem to have forgotten (or hope that the people have) that ALL of the Texas waterways are public domain.{above + below ground}, But believe me brother, since I am on a well that I am MUCHO concerned about all the new developers tapping into the aquifer; make their money + leave. This is truly a matter of life or death!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll really know trouble is coming if the local authorities tell you to shut your well down and get on the city/county supplied tap and sewer. This will happen the more developed your area gets.

~Ann

Posts: 19159 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I was in Lowe's yesterday and a 1x10x8' was $56 bucks!

Not gonna happen. i'll find an alternate solution.

I walked out

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1963 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, one of my neighbor's was 2nd in command to Bob Bullo0ck (Lt. Governor) + he told me that it was already on the roster to pass a law to put a meter on everyone's private well. I got pissed at 1st but then thought, I would rather have SOME regulation rather to just run out. Not sure really, I don't like the government's hand in anything more than necessary.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would rather have SOME regulation rather to just run out. Not sure really, I don't like the government's hand in anything more than necessary.

Be very carful what you wish for.

Posts: 19374 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Ann, one of my neighbor's was 2nd in command to Bob Bullo0ck (Lt. Governor) + he told me that it was already on the roster to pass a law to put a meter on everyone's private well. I got pissed at 1st but then thought, I would rather have SOME regulation rather to just run out. Not sure really, I don't like the government's hand in anything more than necessary.

Salton Sea area here is already like that...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
I would rather have SOME regulation rather to just run out. Not sure really, I don't like the government's hand in anything more than necessary.

Be very carful what you wish for.

^ This.

I would never agree to being metered.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I would never agree to it either; but then I didn't agree to paying the school taxes for the rich Californian's children implants either. Just one case in point here; there was a fellow out here that had a beautiful golf course quatity yard with rain bird sprinklers that ran 24/7. Now he couldn't grasp the fact that just because his well was on him property that he was pulling from the common aquafir + was quite indigent to being asked to back off. He has moved since, because he didn't like the new sub-divs encroaching on his property. Well neither do I but there we are.