Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home Depot Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Home Depot came thru with a brand new frig no cost to me on August 4 th I got a call from the Manager from Home Depot who I originally bought the Whrilpool that died July 3 rd. Manager told me that they are sorry for all the trouble that whrilpool and the Assuran Insurance put us thru,that they are going to delivery A frig om August 6th and pick up the old one at no charge to me. There are some good people in United States.

Posts: 114 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great ending to a horror story. I'm glad they came their senses and made it right. It's queer that they will allow someone to wheel a frig out of the store without paying for it and do nothing to stop them, but hesitate to provide prompt assistance to a customer who actually bought one.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sounds both reasonable and right. tu2 Good news! tu2

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True. I have had good luck with companies honoring reasonable return policies (Home Depot included). Hey, if you buy something that has a glitch, they should make it right. Glad you were taken care of.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
That's great to hear. I worked for Home Depot for a stretch between semesters of college and was always impressed with the customer service and returns. We would take stuff back from people I wouldn't have ever expected (weed wackers from years ago, wood cut into stuff, half gallons of paint, etc.). The cost of taking those back vs. what people buy is like spitting in the ocean.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote