Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Craig Boddington Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I have read "Safari Rifles" for the umpteenth time and find it ever more intersting each time.
I agree with his statements on the 7mm Remington Mag; unless one has an action long enough to throat the chamber so that a cartridge with an overall length of 3.40" will chamber in the rifle with .030" clearence and fit the magazine. Then the velocities that were originally obtainable (before Remington changed the specs) can be had. Ohterwise, stay with the .280 Remingtom

The Weatherby 7mm is a different horse.

Craig if you read this and can use a box of Nosler 163 gr. Solid Base bullets email me at gunmaker48@yahoo.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
For second there I thought Craig was for sale again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think Marine Reserve Generals sell that easy!!!

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Here we go....

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He'll be at SCI Reno in two months. I would love to see one of his detractors say what they say here to his face...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have met him and he a friendly and very knowlegable gentleman. I guess people take shots at anybody deserving or otherwise and Craig, most deceidedly, does not deserve bad or slighting comments!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He logged on here once a few years ago and was a VERY pleasant and nice guy. I enjoyed interacting with him and would again.

As far as the types who mock those whom they do not know in person on forums of this type, well, it is largely infantile jealousy whining, IMO.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunmaker48:
I have met him and he a friendly and very knowlegable gentleman. I guess people take shots at anybody deserving or otherwise and Craig, most deceidedly, does not deserve bad or slighting comments!!

Agreed. I met him a few years ago in Vegas at the SHOT show and was quite the gentleman. Took time to talk rifles and was very genuine. I was most impressed.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
I have always enjoyed his factual articles and respected his knowledge of what he writes. Never derogatory. Learned much from his writings.

coffee popcorn

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So what is for sale again? I think I missed it.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This is headed to 'Miscellaneous Topics'.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
Answers my question! popcorn

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
So what is for sale again? I think I missed it.

He had Craig Boddington listed as for sale in the classifieds. I thought it was kind of weird too.

I have enjoyed all of the Freudian defensive replies however. What could you guys possibly be so worked up about? Is there some kind of transference going on here?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps being a dickhead has its day as well...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich,

When it comes to dickheads you wrote the book. And welcome to my ignore list you seem to be making quite a splash in this department from multiple users.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
surestrike,

you seem not to have figured out that anytime you stick someone on your ignore list you admit that they are beyond your (in your case limited) comprehension to deal with.

Nietsche said two things, among many, you should keep in mind.

1. That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.

2. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

If you put everybody here you disagree with on ignore you might as well just check in the nursing home and be done with it.

the hammer...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be a lot easier to deal with them Idaho if you could reach through the interwebs and strangle the stupid bastards. Some, well most of them don't know a logical discussion if it hit them in the balls much less know when they've lost one.

Even my spell checker wants to replace Obama, it just doesn't have any suggestions.
jerry.baldwin06@comcast.net

Posts: 354 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
Rich,

When it comes to dickheads you wrote the book. And welcome to my ignore list you seem to be making quite a splash in this department from multiple users.

\
Ya know sureshit, I had Idaho on my shit list too but I missed him so much that I saw the evil in my ways and welcomed him back to my screen. In reality Idaho is quite a good guy but with your head up your backside you couldn't tell, let alone smell the coffee to calm your nerves. Be nice, learn something, sit back read what real people write and you just might learn something. Even become a useful member of society. If you weren't such an ass with a huge ignore list you just might be a very likeable gun krank.

space

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I keep an eye on Rich's post, he gives me entertainment from time to time.

I still am waiting for some proof (any proof) from his alleged 28 bulls in 34 years all over 360"
To that I still say BS...

Rich just one picture of you and a real 360?

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ted, you will find that photo right next to the invisible check for the bivy sack that he purchased from me and never paid for.

Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming.

Posts: 263 | Location: SE Colorado | Registered: 24 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the one you never shipped...

Rich

A better measure of a man are the caliber of his enemies, rather than his friends. I have plenty of large caliber friends here. Sadly, the enemies and naysayers are all small caliber.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Still no proof....I call

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
This is going on like the old "Where is Frank Martinez?" threads, they just go on and on with no sense of direction, in reality, no sense.....

horse hammering diggin space

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There is not other way to say this. Rich is a liar. Probably a pathological once---meaning he really can't help himself.

I've had him on "ignore" for years. Ever since he posted an ad looking for a used bivy sack; which I sent him and he declined to either return or pay for.

It was always about the principle and not the money. Apparently, he has neither.

Back on ignore. Life's to short to waste on clowns.

Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming.

Posts: 263 | Location: SE Colorado | Registered: 24 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best part of this hi-jacking is that those who criticize me actually think that I care. If I needed to walk across the street to piss down your throats to keep you from dying of thirst...

You are all goners.

None of you can put me on ignore for more than a day or two.

1. You don't have full enough life of your own without me centered in it to converse with.

For those I get along with, thanks. The rest of you, this isn't my life, sorry it's such a major facet of yours. I get bored between rifle building projects and trips to Africa. I do find it amusing that the ones who have time to carp about me are mostly "Do Nothings".

Rich

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Still no proof....I call

Simple.....I call.

One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
The best part of this hi-jacking is that those who criticize me actually think that I care. If I needed to walk across the street to piss down your throats to keep you from dying of thirst...

You are all goners.

None of you can put me on ignore for more than a day or two.

1. You don't have full enough life of your own without me centered in it to converse with.

For those I get along with, thanks. The rest of you, this isn't my life, sorry it's such a major facet of yours. I get bored between rifle building projects and trips to Africa. I do find it amusing that the ones who have time to carp about me are mostly "Do Nothings".

Rich

Rich, read your own quote. For a man to say "this isn't my life" you sure contradict yourself. For a guy to have 12,412 posts since December of 05, you haven't done much else. Rich, your better off lettin a sleeping dog lay lest he bites you. Good night Richard!

diggin

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Barely had time to go to Africa twice...

not much indeed, compared to my critics.

Rich

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes waiting for some pics

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geez, Rich, you big meany. Im telling....

Posts: 1382 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 10 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wyo,

you have shamed me in front of my peers. Wait a minute, I have been told I am one of a kind, so that means I have no peers. I guess that means my audience. I certainly have critics, so does that make me a theater of the Improv?

old

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Does improv mean....make things up as you go?

Yep!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah,

That's the second improver geriatric from Idaho. Must be something in the water.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
Yeah,

That's the second improver geriatric from Idaho. Must be something in the water.

So true!

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote