THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Mosquitos. Same as posted in American BG Hunting

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mosquitos. Same as posted in American BG Hunting Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
didn't know where to post this and maybe it's already common knowledge.

Mosquitos are attracted to dark colors. Don't wear blues and blacks etc. Light tan is real good in mosquito country.

Bens Mosquito Repellent is very good. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought it was light colors ? Confused wife rides a white horse and they follow her in droves. Also, they sense CO2, so stop breathing. Wink Get the repellant with the highest concentration of DEET you can find.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grizz, I got my education in Mosquitos when I was the Settlement Manager of Nahanni Butte, NWT in the early 70's. You may have heard about the mosquitos there. The locals got me going on the lighter/tan colors. I don't know about white. You are probably right there.
You are sure right about the Deet! "Bens" might be a little less toxic, that's all.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I don't know how true this is but since the article was in National Geographic I had a tendency to believe it;that only the female of the species sucks blood,largely due to the primitive construction of their bodies,the influx of blood helps to expel their eggs.This article was back in the 80's but I'm sure it could be googled.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NC, That rings a bell.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Zika has pretty well upgraded the mosquito to a real badass now. Our daughter shifted their vacation from Cancun to California since she is four months pregnant.

Probably wasn't the best time for the Olympics to be in Rio either.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote