Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me ID this Pin & Pendant Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I inherited some stuff yesterday and don't know what these two things are. The one is a pendant that the disc (nickel size) rotates in the frame. The other looks like a Masonic Scottish Rite cross but has K E K. It looks sort of like a fraternity emblem???

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just an update from another site to increase everyone's knowledge:

I thank you both for the responses. I am not up on the Greek alphabet. The Kappa Sigma Kappa looks like a winner. The symbol is definitely a match. The middle letter kind of looked like some version of an "E" to me, but as I said I am not up on the Greek alphabet; it is Greek to me, LOL!!! It fits as one of the "chapters" was founded in 1941 in Waynesburg, PA, where my uncle attended on the G.I. bill after his stint in the Army of Occupation in Japan, He died of leukemia, no doubt from exposure over there. ETA: He died years ago, but I just got the stuff from his wife's family, a few years after her death I might add. I was the recipient being the only Mason in the family anymore and one of the few vets.

Now if someone has knowledge of the other one. He was a Mason (as am I) but it doesn't look like any Masonic symbol I have seen, which doesn't carry a lot of weight; a school teacher; and an executive of some kind at US Steel in the boom of the 1960's. Thanks again for the help. The internet is a wonderful thing and also a curse.

ETA: Bingo! His has his initials and C E C on the back.
Badge: (from the link)
The badge is a gold Jerusalem cross in the center of which is a circular black enameled disc displaying the letters of the fraternity. The letters "C.E.C." are engraved on the back of every badge.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again in the interest of helping others down the road, in I.D.ing the pendant, from another site, it is indeed Masonic: The spinning pendant, while looking at it while spinning, will give you a clue. Masonically speaking. It makes a perfect Square and Compass while spinning

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That would be interesting to see, however, your pics didn't come through, at least not on my computer screen.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote