Notify
Tools

Statues Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
This may get kicked to the PF, but I do t go there:

https://www.dmagazine.com/fron...rawlings-task-force/

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
The long term question, is where will it stop?

What is the ultimate goal of those individuals wanting monuments removed?

What if people united and pushed for legislation stating that ALL monuments of any kind be removed from Public Display/

If things are to be fair for everyone, remove statues of Confederate generals, remove statues of Civil Rights Leaders.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If we are going to be fair to EVERYONE, then we also need to tear down the Alamo. What an affront to our Mexican Americans that we should honor a bunch of white guys that couldn't get with the program.

OK, tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Whew!

That was a close one.....my blood pressure is slowly going back down.....slowly.......

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
This may get kicked to the PF, but I do t go there:

https://www.dmagazine.com/fron...rawlings-task-force/

Would that bother you? Evidently you have thoughts on the matter, and that seems as good a place as any to discuss issues not related to hunting, reloading rifles, etc.

Come on in and join the other crazies!

you might find you're a happy warrior!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's ridiculous. It is part of our history and heritage. I'm as proud of Lee and Jackson as I am of Grant and Sherman. They all had their own vision for America. I think the correct side won, but I don't begrudge the fellas that fought on the other side.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So sick of these liberal asshats trying to erase history and sterilize the world. Truly pathetic, misguided individuals but at least the ones under 25 or so have an excuse......sorta.

The current crop of malcontents that scream "tolerance" to whoever will listen are some of the angriest, most intolerant folks you'll find if you don't agree with them. They truly define hypocrisy.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never learned anything in history class if there is such a thing.
I was born and raised very near Ft Hamilton in Brooklyn NY. Recently there was an article about a couple of statues of EVIL confederates. The crazies wanted them removed . The article clearly stated that the statues were not normally accessible to the public !! I certainly never had heard of them.
That means there are many who are going through the country with a magnifying glass to discover
similar statues , street names etc . Our country will disappear before we know it ! thumbdown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If we are going to be fair to EVERYONE, then we also need to tear down the Alamo. What an affront to our Mexican Americans that we should honor a bunch of white guys that couldn't get with the program.

That will be coming up in Round Two.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The squeeky wheel gets the oil. There are a large number of people in this country that think completely different than we do. This is being flamed by the media to push an agenda the average person doesn't understand, myself included. The outrage over Trump, the belief that not all speech is free. Not to support/slam our president. But, the way the media was inflamed when he denounced all racism, not just the white supremacists.

This is the tip of the iceberg. All of the past history of our country will/is being changed/erased.

Where is Rodney King when you need him? Can't we all just get along?

Tom

Posts: 341 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
August 1, 1960
Mr. Dwight D. Eisenhower
White House
Washington, D.C.

Dear Mr. President:
At the Republication Convention I heard you mention that you have the pictures of four (4) great Americans in your office, and that included in these is a picture of Robert E. Lee.
I do not understand how any American can include Robert E. Lee as a person to be emulated, and why the President of the United States of America should do so is certainly beyond me.
The most outstanding thing that Robert E. Lee did, was to devote his best efforts to the destruction of the United States Government, and I am sure that you do not say that a person who tries to destroy our Government is worthy of being held as one of our heroes.
Will you please tell me just why you hold him in such high esteem?

Sincerely yours,

Leon W. Scott

Despite undoubtedly having more important things to do as president, Eisenhower must have felt his answer was of such importance that he took the time to send Dr. Scott the following reply from the White House:

Eisenhower

August 9, 1960

Dear Dr. Scott:
Respecting your August 1 inquiry calling attention to my often expressed admiration for General Robert E. Lee, I would say, first, that we need to understand that at the time of the War between the States the issue of secession had remained unresolved for more than 70 years. Men of probity, character, public standing and unquestioned loyalty, both North and South, had disagreed over this issue as a matter of principle from the day our Constitution was adopted.
General Robert E. Lee was, in my estimation, one of the supremely gifted men produced by our Nation. He believed unswervingly in the Constitutional validity of his cause which until 1865 was still an arguable question in America; he was a poised and inspiring leader, true to the high trust reposed in him by millions of his fellow citizens; he was thoughtful yet demanding of his officers and men, forbearing with captured enemies but ingenious, unrelenting and personally courageous in battle, and never disheartened by a reverse or obstacle. Through all his many trials, he remained selfless almost to a fault and unfailing in his faith in God. Taken altogether, he was noble as a leader and as a man, and unsullied as I read the pages of our history.
From deep conviction, I simply say this: a nation of men of Lee’s calibre would be unconquerable in spirit and soul. Indeed, to the degree that present-day American youth will strive to emulate his rare qualities, including his devotion to this land as revealed in his painstaking efforts to help heal the Nation’s wounds once the bitter struggle was over, we, in our own time of danger in a divided world, will be strengthened and our love of freedom sustained.
Such are the reasons that I proudly display the picture of this great American on my office wall.

Sincerely,

Dwight D. Eisenhower

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You for posting that Sir. tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
looks to me like the blacks are still on the democrat plantation........... don't these fools realise it was the GOP that has fought for their equality as the dems have tried to keep them enslaved???????????????? sad.....

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Liberals love Roosevelt, not Theodore, but Franklin. I wonder their feeling about this during the dedication of Arlington Hall and Lee Park here in Dallas:

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=15303

Also, the history or Arlington National Cemetery:

https://www.dallasnews.com/opi...-lee-memorial-dallas

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Here we go again.Now city of Austin wants to rename Robert E. Lee St.+ several others. I will continue to use the real names just like I still call MLK Blvd. 19th St. + Ceasar Chavez as 1st.St.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As an historical note;Robert E. Lee loved his nation + was even offered by Lincoln to be the head of all Union forces.But when put to the question he had to side with his home state of Virginia. U.S. Grant (another alumni from West Point) once said that no one ever left the point with no demerits. Guess who? The ONLY one was Robert E. Lee.I guess what irks me the most is how these liberal history changers are going about their business. (Good case in point;in Britain most youths don't believe that the Battle Of Britain even happened.)I am a history major that does metal work because I could not make any money as a teacher.The local paper just wrote an article about how stupid we were to think that States Rights had anything to do with the issue. It was all slavery,slavery,slavery!That is so much BS but what is printed in the papers or the school books is what is come to be believed. The distortion of truth offends me.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i hope you saw rev al sharpton's little conversation about how he didn't want his tax money to pay for a monument that hurt HIS FAMILY........ unfukinbelievable......... this dog shit was never ever close to slavery but still harps about it......... you would think america was the first and only coutry that ever had slaves............. GET THE HELL OVER YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJB:
i hope you saw rev al sharpton's little conversation about how he didn't want his tax money to pay for a monument that hurt HIS FAMILY........ unfukinbelievable......... this dog shit was never ever close to slavery but still harps about it......... you would think america was the first and only coutry that ever had slaves............. GET THE HELL OVER YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't that scumbag a tax cheat that got caught as well? He's another "reverend" that's made a damn fine living fanning the flames of racism for his own personal gain.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend emailed me a pic that I can't transfer,but the heading was "Another Confederate Statue comes Down". It was Col. Sanders coming down off of the roof or lobby.If anyone can post it do so,humor,right?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw another one today of the Statue Of Liberty with the thought bubble "Hope I'm not next."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My thoughts on Confederate statues
Blacks who were never slaves are fighting whites who were never Nazis over a Confederate statue erected by southern Democrats, because now Democrats can't stand their own history anymore......yet somehow it's Trumps fault!

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They should carefully remove any statues that are not politically correct and store them carefully, because twenty years from now we'll be proud of what this country went through to become the standard for democracy throughout the world, and we'll want to put them back up, because then it will be politically correct to do so.

We're idiots!

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are they heading to Egypt to have the Sphinx and the pyramids torn down?

They were built by slaves!

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A buddy from college has a t shirt with menials building the pyramids with the caption "Slavery Works" Well Roy looks for any uter offense = he got it here on numerous occasions.He has to keep reminding them that there are NO blacks in the picture.This is ancint Egypt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our history is what it is and the question of slavery was not so much different from other nations at the time. We had recovered quite a lot before Obama came along and rubbed salt into old wounds.

Monuments are reminders of a different time and the great men that defined our nation. The problem we face today is recovering from the destruction of the previous administration.

There are a lot of people around the globe that would love to see America in turmoil and another civil war. It will likely take at least another generation to recover from our infatuation with our first black president.

What a shame it is that he blew the chance to bring us together and instead decided to fan the flames of hatred and prejudice.

No one was destroying monuments before he decided on his path to an evil legacy. He will be known as the great divider.

Joe

Posts: 1111 | Location: Blooming Grove, Tx. | Registered: 28 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a slightly different take on the topic. If it insults some people so badly to be reminded that their ancestors were forced immigrants (slaves) then we as a society should go to extremes to remove daily reminders of slavery. That is, we should export all black people who hate being reminded that their ancestors were slaves back where they came from. No reparations, but we'll give them a sizeable sum for resettlement. Don't like that idea, quitcha bitching.

This is not a new concept, it has been tried at least twice in our history, once in just post revolutionary America (Benjamin Franklin was a member of one such, just shows how prescient he really was)and then post civil war. It would be interesting for some college researcher to find out how they fared. Ghana, for one, currently welcomes American blacks to come back home.

The money saved if we did it on a large scale would be amazing.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wasn't removing former slaves one of Lincoln's goals??????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes it was;he caved in to Frederick Douglas.