New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a job in Greenville, SC Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted
Retiring from the Air Force on 13 July after 28 years and some change. Just accepted a job in Greenville, SC. I'm pretty excited about the work and the missus and I are delighted about the opportunity to buy our first home.

Posts: 1245 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! 28 years is impressive. I hope everything goes well for you and your transition to civilian life is smooth.

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your service.
My advise to anyone moving to a new place is to rent for the first year or at least six months. That will give you time to get your feet on the ground and to know the town. So's you can decide where in Greenville you want to live. Maybe even, you might not like the town or the job and want to move on. Much easier to do with no tie downs.
Also remember, the real estate agents are gonna show you their dogs first. The ones in bad neighborhoods or that just ain't selling.
Good luck.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boondocker
posted Hide Post
First off THANK YOU for your service and congrats on getting your job. I agree with wasbeeman as to rent and get a feel for the area first as know is the time to buy a home ,but not really sell one.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

“The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.”

When the SHTF he with the most lead will retain the most gold!

Posts: 647 | Location: Pa | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Hope Greeneville and the new job is good for you!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote