Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tim Tebow Login/Join 
one of us
posted
What is wrong with Tim Tebow. Seems like the world goes out of its way to trash him, or make fun of him. The Jets dumped him. Everyone else seems to treat him like he's got a contagious disease. Seems like a perfectly fine guy to me. Is he still NFL material?

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally I think the battles he is going through now are as much spiritual as they are anything. He stepped out front with his confession of faith; not only in his personal life; but in his job also. He probably does have a disease as far as some in the NFL are concerned
and they are steering clear at this point. Hope things work out for him.

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He doesn't have what it takes to be a front line QB in the NFL as the offenses are structured today. People in the limelight, sports or otherwise, who wear their religion on their sleeve, however heart felt, better be able to perform, or they will be objects of ridicule.

It's possible he could fit in a slot somewhere, and make an impact, but it will take a coach who can think outside the box to make it work.

I've got a similar, but not as high profile example from "my" hometown. Terrance Ganaway, is a fine young man, deeply religious who was RGIIIs right hand man at Baylor, so to speak. In the opinion of the NFL, he is by a hair, not fast/big/tough enough, even tho he was the Big 12 rushing champion. Terrance will make the cut in life, even if he doesn't do it in the NFL. Of course, getting paid the NFL minimum of $395,000/year is not chopped liver for someone just out of college. I can guarantee you one thing, he won't blow it on fast cars or faster women. To know him (which I really don't personally) is to admire him.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Tebow would have been Gay instead of Christian everything would have been fine!

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tebow was a great college quarterback, but you can only do that for so long. Despite what some would wish, his outspoken Christianity doesn't make up for the fact that he's, at best, a mediocre NFL quarterback.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
Jefffive EXACTLY. His religious beliefs have NOTHING to do with his play. He is not an NFL quarterback in any way, shape, or form. He just doesn't have the talent. It happens, especially with Quarterbacks. Drafting a QB is a crap shoot. Look at Tom Brady. He was taken in a later draft round and it seems to have worked out. Same with Kurt Warner-he wasn't even drafted. Tebow will play somewhere in the CFL but his days in the NFL are over.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere that someone felt he should switch from QB to a power running back.

I suspect he'll do fine, it just won't be in football.

Like Tembo says, you never know. Athletes peak at different times. I think I peaked in the 8th grade.

The comparison I remember started in college basketball. Jimmy Collins (NMSU), Nate Archibald (UTEP). Both were short, fast, and could hit from outside. Collins wiped the floor with Archibald every time they met, twice a year for three years. Neither should have gotten to the pros, both did. Nate should have bounced-out quickly, and instead went on to the NBA Hall of Fame. (He was also cut from his high school team as a sophomore.) It is hard to evaluate heart, grit, and determination.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of reloaderman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
What is wrong with Tim Tebow. Seems like the world goes out of its way to trash him, or make fun of him. The Jets dumped him. Everyone else seems to treat him like he's got a contagious disease. Seems like a perfectly fine guy to me. Is he still NFL material?

It's not just him, wake up America, the Christians are under attack every where you look, from school to business to political aspects!

Shovel ready.....
but hangin' on

Posts: 707 | Location: West Texas,USA | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I'm admittedly not much of a football fan, but I find it very, very difficult to believe that the Heisman trophy winner, with so many wins and distinctions under his belt is now so unfit and unskilled as to be unemployed. Something damn sure smells fishy.

Even his college coach said that he was never very good in practice or during drills, but the kid consistently pulled it out and won. If Romo has a job???
There are many famous QBs known solely for their clutch performances. Terry Bradshaw comes to mind. His main awesome stat was on 3rd down conversions.

Tebow does have a record in the NFL however. Only the second, non-retiring QB to start a playoff game and never play again.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blo...ace-nfl-record-books

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's not just him, wake up America, the Christians are under attack every where you look, from school to business to political aspects!

Ridiculous.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Nothing at all against the man, except I do find him to be a bit squirrelly, but if Tebow was any good, nothing else would matter!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
left handed, long throwing motion. He is a winner, at least was in college and with the Broncos. A couple teams were interested, if he would have agreed to play tight end. He would be a major improvement for at least eight NFL teams, though.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
left handed, long throwing motion. He is a winner, at least was in college and with the Broncos. A couple teams were interested, if he would have agreed to play tight end. He would be a major improvement for at least eight NFL teams, though.

It was my understanding that is why the Broncos got him-to play TE. Only problem was he couldn't catch the ball. Tebow is a great example of the difference between college ball and the NFL.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote