Notify
Tools

In this corner Login/Join 
One of Us
posted

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is weird, and must have been exhausting.

Watching them so absorbed in what they were doing reminded me of my favorite shot on a jackrabbit. I was creeping along through mesquites on the edge of a large dry ranch tank west of Las Cruces, New Mexico. I was hoping to spot a coyote and was carrying my Remington Model 600 in .308 Win. (110 gr HP) The wind was blowing strong and I was stalking into it.

I came around a large mesquite and there in front of me, about twenty yards out was a buck jackrabbit mounted on a doe, giving her a thumping. I snapped off a shot and the buck just disintegrated. It was flung all over the mesquite behind them. I thought I killed both of them because the doe didn't move. I walked up on them and put the toe of my boot against her and she hauled ass; uninjured.

I had a good laugh thinking about how she must have described what happened to her girl friends. She must have thought she was the best piece of ass around.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were having a regular slug fest!

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1189 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That could give a girl a complex.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote