Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

current scam Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
This might not be the most current, but I have receiving emails from (supposedly) UPS, Fed-Ex, ad nauseam saying that I have a pkg ready for delivery, but are short of delivery fees. Please pay the difference online by credit card. Usually just a couple of bucks, but when they get your card info, Katie, bar the door, IMO. I only looked at the 1st one, but gave them no info, + now when I see them, I delete immediately. I'm sure there are many others out there too.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I get numerous of fedex, ups, usps “we've been trying to reach you, your package can’t be delivered” or similar, every day. Never open them.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i get that shit too. i figure even if its real, if they're too stupid to find a house on a main road with the address numbers on the gate in 6" white numbers i don't need to answer em.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The scams are so numerous, it is hard to pick what emails, texts, messages, might be real. About 80% of my postal service mail never makes it into the house. I go directly from the mailbox to the trash can and sort it out there before going back inside.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
The scams are so numerous, it is hard to pick what emails, texts, messages, might be real. About 80% of my postal service mail never makes it into the house. I go directly from the mailbox to the trash can and sort it out there before going back inside.

I have noticed in recent years with the much more expensive postal rates this trend has diminished quite a bit.

~Ann

Posts: 19150 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was getting a lot of junk mail that had a return postage paid envelope with it I would put some of the junk mail in the envelope and mail it back to them! This would cost THEM more postage!

Hip

Posts: 1823 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hipshoot:
When I was getting a lot of junk mail that had a return postage paid envelope with it I would put some of the junk mail in the envelope and mail it back to them! This would cost THEM more postage!

Hip

Yeah. Andy Rooney .......that was fun, I did it too.

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kinda reminds me of an article on Paul Harvey, several years ago. This was during the garbage men strike in NYC around the Christmas holidays. This one enterprising chap, loaded up all his garbage in boxes, the wrapped the boxes in Christmas wrapping paper, + went down town + left the car with the windows open. When he got back. all the boxes of garbage were gone.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I told that story to my son who passed it along in class to his teacher who thought that was stupid, because the new recipient would just dump out the garbage on the street + nothing was solved. My thoughts were, that dumb bitch just didn't have a sense of humor.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
My thoughts were, that dumb bitch just didn't have a sense of humor.

Yep, so true today-more than ever. rotflmo clap rotflmo

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hipshoot:

Hip

Back in 1968 a hippie named Abbie Hoffman wrote a book called "Steal this book"... in it his method for dealing with this was to take those postage paid envelopes and paste them to a brick. dancing

but the USPS is on to that trick and will no longer deliver these. they just hit the dumpster.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1961 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Do what I did one time when I received mail from an anti-gun organization asking me for a donation. I put a cinder block in a box and pasted the postage paid envelope on the box.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like that! Also, I remember reading Abbie Hoffman's book in the late 60s when they "disrupted" the DNC in Chicago in 68 + one of the things that they did was go to NYC + try to enter the Wall Street stock exchange + when they were denied entrance, Hoffman said, "Our next stop is to the newspapers, + let them know that you're refusing Jews into the stock exchange." It was a mad house after that.