Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Houston area and Hurricane Harvey Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
For some reason the other topic is not working.
My wife's home town of Refugio and the surrounding area has their own troubles!
Not my words:
Borrowed wording from a friend , but this puts it in perspective:
For my non-Houston friends- to help you understand the devastation: Houston is huge. The greater metropolitan area is circled by the Grand Parkway - which is 170 miles long. That makes the area of the circle inside the Grand Parkway over 2200 sq. miles. 2200 square miles of densely habited, urban and suburban, areas is flooded.
Imagine if the entire state of Delaware, with twice the population of Manhattan, was under water.
That's Houston.
It's still raining.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Made it into the city earlier today with my duck boat and gear. It is a shit show, but law enforcement and the effected population are hanging in there and doing their best.

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
What the hell is wrong with these people?

Good luck and be safe out there buddy. That's one group they shouldn't mess with for multiple reasons. I hope you brought some heat with you.

Article

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Anyone who did'nt pack heat would be a fool while the others go boating in singing Kumbaya.Caring is one thing;being stupid is another.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote