Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, if this really works ... Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
From a Reuters article on the "hyena men" of Nigeria:

Yaya Kawu, a farmer, hunter and traditional healer, who lives with a hyena and several snakes in a rural town in Kano State, says his animals are considered part of normal life in his community.

His mud brick compound regularly attracts gaggles of children eager to look at the animals, and neighbours who have just slaughtered a goat sometimes offer him a gift of meat for his hyena.

Kawu sells remedies made from hyena dung, saliva or hair, which he says can help with a range of ailments -- even bad behaviour by teenagers.

"Some young people, they get into drugs, alcohol. The parents come to me and I give them a remedy so that everything will be all right," he said.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16373 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Hey, I've read too many stories about the power of suggestion by the African "Witch Doctors" to doubt some level of effectiveness.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Or maybe it's just: "If you take drugs again I'm gonna take you to the witch doctor and force feed hyena shit and snake piss to you". It would sure as hell cure me.

quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Hey, I've read too many stories about the power of suggestion by the African "Witch Doctors" to doubt some level of effectiveness.

Posts: 3673 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Let me put it this way.

I have friends, who are the best anyone could wish for.

Some have kids that have gone astray with drugs.

Many have recovered, with professional help.

Others, sadly, are a lost cause.

Too stupid to realize they are destroying themselves.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kawu sells remedies made from hyena dung, saliva or hair, which he says can help with a range of ailments -- even bad behaviour by teenagers.

What about current U.S. Presidents? rotflmo clap rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Now for that, a dung cure would be poetically appropriate.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote