New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS anti policy Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
I was talking with a friend this evening who said that as of this last week that UPS is refusing to ship any 2nd amendment products, I.E. guns, components, ammo,parts, tools, ad nauseum + if any pkgs are found that their policy disagrees with, they will be destroyed. Also that they have refused to accept any pkgs. from Brownell's. This all in protest concerning the 4th of July + Uvalde shootings. Sounds pretty odd not to mention draconian + also illegal (in the destroying pkgs. area). Has anyone else heard about this with any more info + if there is any truth to it?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope not, got a rifle on the way that was shipped shipped from up north…

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It should be made ILLEGAL for anyone serving the public to refuse anything that is legal.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
It should be made ILLEGAL for anyone serving the public to refuse anything that is legal.

FucK then time to call some cousins and get emirates to Ship legal trophies Wink

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I was talking with a friend this evening who said that as of this last week that UPS is refusing to ship any 2nd amendment products, I.E. guns, components, ammo,parts, tools, ad nauseum + if any pkgs are found that their policy disagrees with, they will be destroyed. Also that they have refused to accept any pkgs. from Brownell's. This all in protest concerning the 4th of July + Uvalde shootings. Sounds pretty odd not to mention draconian + also illegal (in the destroying pkgs. area). Has anyone else heard about this with any more info + if there is any truth to it?

Your friend Is uninformed.

Ups still ships guns.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/supp...earms.page?loc=en_US

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19360 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had that problem several times at the Columbus, Ohio branch on Roberts Road. Seems the branch manager was an anti gunner. I solved the problem by going down the street and using Fed EX. From that time on, I have specified No UPS on anything shipped to me or that I am shipping. Won't hurt them a bit, but I feel better about it.

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I just got a big box of FIVE rifles in it, this past week. From the BBT.
(Big Brown Truck)
Now, if your local UPS girl refuses you, talk to the manager, which I have done three times. Same lady. I told the manager to train her. Again.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Kick her in the ass-----It may help to jog her brain!

Hip

Posts: 1822 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve shipped one and received on in the past week, both UPS. It was business as usual.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear; I thought that sounded a bit too odd to be true. But in these times, who knows?

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One thing I do know from dealings over the years is that the little independent UPS branches can have their own policy on not shipping guns, ammo, or components, but not the REAL UPS stores. I bought a pair of peacemakers several years ago that were consc. ser.# w/ the hard rubber grips that I wanted to send back to Hartford to get ivory stocks installed (kinda dates it). Anyway the UPS counter 'help' informed m that they can't mail guns because that's how terrorists get their guns ya know.

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
Just this morning I went to our local UPS Customer Service Center to get the shipping cost on a shotgun I'm selling to a person out of state.

The gentleman I spoke to couldn't have been nicer and was extremely helpful in answering all my questions.

He weighed the package and gave me shipping and insurance costs, which the buyer has agreed to pay.

After I receive payment I'll go back and send the gun to the buyer's FFL.

The place I went is one of two distribution centers in Jacksonville--one is way up on the north side, and the other is only about 15 minutes from my house.

The point is, firearms can only be shipped from one of these large distribution centers (and they are huge!).

The strip shopping center "UPS Stores" can't accept or ship firearms. Maybe that's where the confusion comes from?

When I go back I'll need a copy of my driver's license and the receiving gun store's FFL. That's all.

I sort of got the impression shipping firearms is not all that rare hereabouts.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ship all firearms via USPS Priority Mail. It will get anywhere in the CONUS in 3 days.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For any buying or selling of guns in general I just take them to a friend who still has his FFL + pay him his fee to do it + forget it. In state for long arms however I ship myself via USPS.

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
For any buying or selling of guns in general I just take them to a friend who still has his FFL + pay him his fee to do it + forget it.

Agree; I've done this in the past as well.

However, the shotgun I'm shipping this week will cost me (the buyer, to be accurate) $70. $40 for shipping & $30 for insurance.

My FFL--a really nice guy, who has a business to run--would charge me $125 for the same type shipping + his fee for time & service.

In these days & times, saving $55 is not a small thing.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No kidding, if you've been to the gas station or the grocery store.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I shipped a Handgun yesterday at the UPS facility in Colorado Springs.
I shipped private party (Drivers License) to FFL.
I was so pleasantly surprised for several reasons, the lady was extremely knowledgeable of the process, was friendly and more than helpful. Absolutely smooth but it was $51 cheapest method allowed.

A couple years ago at the same facility I had a problem shipping a stripped rifle barrel and wasn't allowed to ship, the "lady" in charge said "all gun parts are firearms and must ship from a dealer to a dealer" I asked to see the manager and she claimed to be the facility manager, she also said "rules are rules I have to follow them"
I tried to point out that according to her own website she wasn't following the "rules". She told me that the rules for this location might be different than what is on the website.........lol

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the early 70s I worked with a guy who would literally (take no shit). We went into a UPS/ FED-Ex/ DHL, I don't remember now to mail a pkg. of his + the counter gal started all this crap + before she could finish, Snow grabbed her by the hair + smashed her face into the counter. Then we left; he was full of justified retribution + I was just glad to be gone, but I must confess that I still respect him for that stand up against "the way it is" society today. although I'm not quite ready to smash a girl's face, yet. As Sean Connery was asked once in an interview if he ever beat women, his reply was "Only those that deserve it".

one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Complete horseshite- typical YouTube hand wringing over a letter of request from a bunch of Bolsheviks in Congress. Instead of relying on people striving for "likes" on social media, we should look up the actual company policy like Mike did.

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 592 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elk, this was written as a request for more information from fellow members if they had any knowledge of this, that's all. Now it is a moot point.

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
prices have really gone up... $18.76 to ship 1 Harley ignition key from Abilene Tx to San Angelo Tx...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2827 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote