THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Anchorage Alaska Taxidermist

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anchorage Alaska Taxidermist
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BHW
posted
I could use any leads and recommendations on taxidermists in Anchorage, AK. I am going on a Spring Black Bear hunt and assuming I am fortunate enough to close the deal on the bear, I will have need of a local taxidermist.

Posts: 261 | Location: Duncan, SC | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BHW,

Chech out this link: http://www.knightstaxidermy.com/

I have had Russel Knight do some work for me. He does a great job in a timely fashion. He seems to specialize in bears and sheep. When you get to Anchorage, it worth the time to visit his shop and talk to him. He will give you tips on skinning, and info on how to care for that big black bear's hide.

Have a great trip to God's Country. If this is your first trip, I must warn you...You WILL go back there to hunt again. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Chip

Posts: 37 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He's probably a good taxidermist and makes good job most of the time, but if I had stuffed this leopard myself I certainly wouldn't have put the picture on my website : it sucks!

Posts: 552 | Location: France | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote