New
Find
Notify
Tools

gemsbuck mount
 Login/Join

<firemen>
posted
Looking for some pictures of gemsbuck mounts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope this helps  -

Posts: 493 | Location: GEORGIA, U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Gemsbok shoulder mount with the head turned in a similar manner. Looks very good in my opinion.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Beautiful mount, scrappy!

[Smile] Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<firemen>
posted
looks great how many inches was he?I told the skiners to leave plenty of hide on all my animals so we will wait and see.

one of us
posted Hide Post
canuck,

Thanks for the compliment.

firemen,

He is 39.5" almost made the 40" club. He came from the Eastern Cape in 00.

Posts: 493 | Location: GEORGIA, U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 12-20-2002, 17:59: Message edited by: tradewinds ]

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
 -

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Tradewinds

What is the size of your mount from top to bottom and how long were the horns? Just interesting to find out were I can put mine when I get it home in the spring.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Christer,

54" from the tip of the Horn to bottom of the mount. He was 36" long. I have had my Taxidermist break the mold and tilt some of my mounts down about 2". Because the base of some of my mounts are 10-12' of the ground. I am not sure if he did the Gemsbuck that way, but it looks like it the tipw of the horns are over 14' up. They make beutiful mounts, my wife wants two more for the entryway into our home. Hope you get your mounts soon you will really enjoy them. I work at home and can see over 20 African mounts every day from my desk. I relive the hunts every day.

Mike