New
Find
Notify
Tools

hippo skull
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I brought back a hippo skull and teeth from our hunt in Zambia last year. I have two options for displaying it. I thought that having the skull blanched and the teeth put back in the skull would be a nice display of that trophy. My wife is not sure. Does anyone have such a mount and how does it look? The only other option is to mount the teeth on a shield to display them. Any ideas?? Thanks.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uglystick
posted Hide Post

Check out the pictures of my hippo skull.
Go to trophy rooms and look at the post for
UGLYSTICK'S TROPHY ROOM. I had mine bleached and I put it un the floor on a small rug. I think it looks great and my wife likes it also.

Posts: 173 | Location: Jackman MAINE USA | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it wouldn't look better on a natural piece of wood. Maybe an upright tree trunk-especially one that was native to the area you got the animal. Or take a small pile of colorful stones and epoxy them together then place the skull on top.

the chef