THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Texas taxidermist recommendations

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas taxidermist recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
Since Jerry Huffaker retired…I need to find a new taxidermist.

Recommendations???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
Not sure how close you are to the Texas coast but I would recommend Tim Azlin. He is located in Clute about 45 mins south of Houston. The guy is GOOD!

I also found this listed in another forum:

In Houston, I would send it to Tim Mutina (I forgot Tim's shop name) or Rowdy McBride (Woods and Water Taxidermy).

In Central Texas, I would send it to Allen Palermo in Bryan.

In South Texas, I would send it to mesquite creek taxidermy in Pearsall.

In Southwest Texas, I would send it to Woodbury Taxidermy in Ingram.

If anywhere in North Texas, just make the trip out to Abilene and take it to Jerry Huffaker.

Posts: 606 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Brosig's Taxidermy in Midland Tx is one of the best

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
There’s always Conroe Taxidermy with Mike Simpson…… rotflmo animal faint

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13162 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used Mike Baird with B&B Taxidermy in Houston since 1995. Great guy

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Danny Adney in San Angelo

Posts: 4236 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I contacted Jerry last year and he told me he was retiring. He recommended TrueLife taxidermy in Granbury. They're doing my gredos ibex now.

Posts: 487 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been satisfied with TrueLife in Granbury as mentioned above.

Posts: 83 | Location: Stephenville, TX & Hamilton, MT | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ram Rod:
Not sure how close you are to the Texas coast but I would recommend Tim Azlin. He is located in Clute about 45 mins south of Houston. The guy is GOOD!

I also found this listed in another forum:

In Houston, I would send it to Tim Mutina (I forgot Tim's shop name) or Rowdy McBride (Woods and Water Taxidermy).

In Central Texas, I would send it to Allen Palermo in Bryan.

In South Texas, I would send it to mesquite creek taxidermy in Pearsall.

In Southwest Texas, I would send it to Woodbury Taxidermy in Ingram.

If anywhere in North Texas, just make the trip out to Abilene and take it to Jerry Huffaker.

I know Palermo’s from when I lived in Bryan/College Station. I spoke with him about taking my stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What kind of animals?