THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Small beetles in deer mount

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small beetles in deer mount
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted
I shot a nice 13 point buck back in 1987 near Del Rio , Texas and had it mounted locally there. I sits in my den above my favorite chair in the corner. The past few nights, I've been picking off tiny, black beetles from myself. Then it dawned on me to check the mount. I can see hard black specks down in the shoulder area and the hair is a bit thin. What can I use to save the mount?? I have other mounts in the house that I'm very worried about since I found this. Is there some kind of non-oil based insecticide that I can use?? I don't wan't to loose this or my other mounts- help !!!!!

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
See this thread in the African Big Game Hunting forum:

Mount problem...

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote