THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    With a year to wait on my dip and pack

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

With a year to wait on my dip and pack
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
Who has the best choice of African PG forms?

I'm just window shopping for ideas

So far it's McKenzie

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Your taxidermist. Have you seen the 60" kudu at the fire? MAKES YOU WANT TO GO BACK...

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I'd go back just to listen to the birds and watch the sun rise and set.

I loved it!

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
The brand of form isn't what's important it's what your taxidermist can do with them that counts.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2013 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Huffaker:
The brand of form isn't what's important it's what your taxidermist can do with them that counts.

+1

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

+2

Producing the Highest Quality Custom Wildlife
Visit our Studio Online at:
The Artistry of Wildlife

"World Taxidermy Masters Champions
Best in World Combined Artists"
"Michigan Masters Champion"
cremudgeon34@yahoo.com

Website The Artistry of Wildlife

Visit our studio on Facebook Updates and large galleries to view

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:

With a +1 and a +2

Yes it goes without saying and is true but didn't answer my question

one of us
posted Hide Post
any of the major form suppliers have good forms to start with. Research mannikins, headquarters supply, Van Dykes, Mckenzie, Jetz, Jonas, Hauser
We use them all, I can't say that one is better than the other.

Jerry Huffaker

One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
any of the major form suppliers have good forms to start with. Research mannikins, headquarters supply, Van Dykes, Mckenzie, Jetz, Jonas, Hauser

+1 this time...

I agree with Jerry.... but the best thing to do is start with any mannakin and change it. I don't mount much out of the box as we say. right from the supplier. Change the attitude and pose and make them one of a kind unique.

Each has some good ones and bad ones. Each has it's own problems and benefits. The more you have mounted on hundreds of forms you find what you like to work with. It's all a personal choice.

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Artistry of Wildlife:
quote:

+1 this time...

I agree with Jerry.... but the best thing to do is start with any mannakin and change it. I don't mount much out of the box as we say. right from the supplier. Change the attitude and pose and make them one of a kind unique.

Each has some good ones and bad ones. Each has it's own problems and benefits. The more you have mounted on hundreds of forms you find what you like to work with. It's all a personal choice.

Thank you that is a great reply

Looking at forms and catalogs is just one more way to get ideas

I am on the hunt for a taxidermist also

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to add one thing, on all of your life-size pieces look at pictures of live animals to choose how you want them mounted instead of the supply catalogues and other taxidermists websites. Show your taxidermist the pic and say that's how I want him looking. You're very limited looking at the books, where as nature has unlimited positions and expressions.

Jerry Huffaker

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Ted,

You're talking to a taxidermist who will be doing all my work, along with Carlton, Jeff, Mike, etc.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Ted,

If you are looking for a taxidermist, you don't have to look much further than this forum. Browse through some of the older posts, a lot of the work done by the members here is heart stopping.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote