THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Lifelong dream realized - Leopard is home!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lifelong dream realized - Leopard is home!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Eighteen months after my successful hunt in Namibia, and 12 months after the trophies arrived here in the States, my lifelong dream has materialized in my home. I grew up reading about big cats, especially leopards and jaguars, and wanted to hunt them in the worst way. In the early years of my youth, I spent many a time under the sheets with a flashlight and a Jim Corbett book, long into the wee hours of the night. Knew it would happen someday, just didn't know how or when.

Just got back from Sam Raby's in Bluffdale Utah this evening and we hung the prize on the wall. My lovely wife got to go on my safari as an anniversary trip, so for being so tolerant (and providing half the money Smiler ) she got to pick the pose and media it was mounted on. Looks just like the rocks I hopped around on for days. Hope you all enjoy the views.

It really was a big headed male with massive shoulders and neck muscles, but with lots of art, ability, and sculpting, he got it just right. It has a focused attention when looking at you which is almost scary.

The camera made the nose appear too dark, but it actually has just a touch of color to it, and is perfect when matched up to field photos. Just sitting here staring at him tonight, and dreaming. I'm pleased, and just can't wait to return to Africa and maybe hear or see one again.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blank- I am not big on mounts, but that cat that you have there,

in part due to a loving wife is a masterpiece,

I love it, and yes it´s a very strong and intense looking cat.

Thank you for sharing and best regards Chris

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
He is a beauty! Congrats on a fantastic trophy an dount. That is the #1 thing I want in my trophy room!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most excellent work. Congrats.

Posts: 10167 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Very nice mount. clap -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow, it was very well done!

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful mount.

One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Very impressive. thumb

Ahmed Sultan

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
That's a great mount! It looks alive. Congrats on a wonderful trophy! Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Exit31
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking mount! Like the pose and base....Nice!!!!!!!!!

Why shall there not be patient confidence in the ultimate justice of the people? Is there any better or equal hope in the world? Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 599 | Location: Canada, NS | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
What a beauty !!!
Congratulations.

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That kicks butt!!!

Posts: 115 | Location: mid west | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
took me 5 hunts to get mine. Love your leopard

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote