THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Shipping and Crating Costs for Finished Mounts

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping and Crating Costs for Finished Mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted
I'm trying to figure out what to do about taxidermy for an upcoming African hunting trip. I'm definitely going to have the taxidermy work done in the States. Does anyone have an idea what these fees would be for 2 finished shoulder mounts, a zebra rug and a euro warthog? I see lots of great work here but I don't know how much it would cost to get the finished product to me.

Thanks,
Dave

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
What are the two shoulder mounts?

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2008 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Hopefully, they will be kudu and oyrx.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
You never know what the freight is going to be until you get a quote, but , just a guess comparing to crates we have shipped in the last couple of months, I would say crate and freight would be approx 500.00 -750.00 from Texas to PA. Mind you that is just a guess.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2008 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

Thanks for the help.

One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
If the price of oil dose not go through the roof it should stay good. I ship out freight with a 65% discount to all my clients by a certain national carrier and that adds up to a major saving. I recently shipped 2 elk to N.H. and it only cost them 485.00 divided by 2. So yours will be much less. And I just shipped out a lifesize brownie to PA and it cost $486.00 but that was a BIG , heavy crate. You will ship your 2 trophies in one box and you can also ship the kudu without its horns on-you put them on - and save much more, or not and still save. It's all about finding the best deal on shipping with great service--the people, insurance and delivery time. But it all depends on the weight of the crate. All my crates are made out of 7/16 wafer with a solid wood frame and padded cross bars. Years of experience is well worth it. But first you need to harvest them. Good Luck patriot

Capp's Taxidermy Studio
www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
be VERY careful. 3 years ago i gad a customs broker in San Francisco who wanted to charge me $600 to forward ship a crate from SFO to Fresno( 180 miles). called a local shipping company and they drove from here to SFO and back, then delivered it for $180. if the estimate you get seems hugh, CHECK AROUND YOURSELF. YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE CRATING COST BUT YOU SURE CAN CHANGE THE SHIPPING COST

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13198 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote