New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wood plaque supplier
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for a supplier that makes wood plaques for euro/skull mounts, buffalo to antelope size. I have found a number of companies that make them for deer/antelope size skulls but nothing large enough that would work for a Cape buffalo.

Thanks for your help.

posted Hide Post
I have used Jason Byers.
Here is Jason's contact information. Give him a call he is very helpful and can design around what you need and at a fair price.

http://www.jasonbyers.webs.com/

Trophy Room Woodshop

193 Dragonfly Lane

Xenia, IL 62899

(618) 665-4321

Posts: 18 | Location: Northern Utah | Registered: 25 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fish carver.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i needed a plaque for my hippo tusks. i went to a local cabinet/woodworking shop and inquired. the owner took me into his storage area and let me pick put the piece of walnut i wanted. he then cut it to my exact specs and put a scalloped edge around it. he also mounted a special type of hanger on the back( 2 long pieces of interlocking aluminum designed for heavy loads, as the finished item with tusks was going to weigh about 50lbs).it is very large( about 4'x2'x 1") and the whole thing cost under $100.i mounted the tusks myself. just a thought....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13140 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
i needed a plaque for my hippo tusks. i went to a local cabinet/woodworking shop and inquired. the owner took me into his storage area and let me pick put the piece of walnut i wanted. he then cut it to my exact specs and put a scalloped edge around it. he also mounted a special type of hanger on the back( 2 long pieces of interlocking aluminum designed for heavy loads, as the finished item with tusks was going to weigh about 50lbs).it is very large( about 4'x2'x 1") and the whole thing cost under $100.i mounted the tusks myself. just a thought....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13140 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote