The Accurate Reloading Forums
Wood plaque supplier

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3421043/m/7721093291

11 September 2013, 20:41
d.unger
Wood plaque supplier
I am looking for a supplier that makes wood plaques for euro/skull mounts, buffalo to antelope size. I have found a number of companies that make them for deer/antelope size skulls but nothing large enough that would work for a Cape buffalo.

Thanks for your help.
11 September 2013, 21:10
Fishcarver
I have used Jason Byers.
Here is Jason's contact information. Give him a call he is very helpful and can design around what you need and at a fair price.

http://www.jasonbyers.webs.com/

Trophy Room Woodshop

193 Dragonfly Lane

Xenia, IL 62899

(618) 665-4321
11 September 2013, 21:54
d.unger
Thanks fish carver.
12 September 2013, 06:19
jdollar
i needed a plaque for my hippo tusks. i went to a local cabinet/woodworking shop and inquired. the owner took me into his storage area and let me pick put the piece of walnut i wanted. he then cut it to my exact specs and put a scalloped edge around it. he also mounted a special type of hanger on the back( 2 long pieces of interlocking aluminum designed for heavy loads, as the finished item with tusks was going to weigh about 50lbs).it is very large( about 4'x2'x 1") and the whole thing cost under $100.i mounted the tusks myself. just a thought....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…
12 September 2013, 06:23
jdollar
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
i needed a plaque for my hippo tusks. i went to a local cabinet/woodworking shop and inquired. the owner took me into his storage area and let me pick put the piece of walnut i wanted. he then cut it to my exact specs and put a scalloped edge around it. he also mounted a special type of hanger on the back( 2 long pieces of interlocking aluminum designed for heavy loads, as the finished item with tusks was going to weigh about 50lbs).it is very large( about 4'x2'x 1") and the whole thing cost under $100.i mounted the tusks myself. just a thought....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…